Anyone have more than 3 c-sections?

Talk about your birth plan, ask questions, and share advice.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Anyone have more than 3 c-sections?

Postby JADE0199 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:48 pm

Hi ladies!

We have 6 frozen embryos and are contemplating going for 1 more, transferring only 1 embryo. I've had 3 c-sections, all scheduled. Has anyone ever had more than 3 c/sections? And am I crazy? I am now 42. I would probably close to 43 by the time I have the next c/s if we get pregnant.

I don't know what's worse, the recovery from the c/section or the first 3 months of taking care of a newborn. LOL
Cathy 43~DH 41
3 m/c's
IVF#1 5/07-BFN • DE IVF#2 -no tx
DE IVF#3. ID twin boys born 9/25/08
FET#1 9/09-chem • FET#2 11/09-BFN
IVF#4 w/DE. DD born 11/3/10
FET#3 b/g twins born 7/25/12
FET#4 ITS A BOY! born 5/8/14

JADE0199
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Anyone have more than 3 c-sections?

Postby jade2009 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:51 pm

Hey girlie.. 4/11/13 will be my. 5th section. I just found out yesterdsy that I have placenta previa so he is taking kyler @36 weeks. A little nervous about it I have had no bleeding at all. Wouldnt have known it if it wouldnt of been from doc seeing it on scan yesterday.. this will be our. Last. Hoping my uterus holds up through this... the last section was a little tough cuz I got infection from staples. Otherwise it easnt too bad.. u r a great mom cathy.. like me I know my clock is ticking so I knew if we were havin another it needed to happen.. good luck..
Heather 37
hubby 39
DD 18
Twins 16
Ds 13
BFP on 3-13-2010@ 8 dpo
Kyler will be here on 4-04-13 at noon CT

BFP on September 1st 2012 @ 12 DPO

Ashlynn born on November 16, 2010
Ashynn was 2 days old here... was so in love with my little girl

Ashlynn 2 taken in November right before her Birthday
jade2009
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JADE0199 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:26 am

Hi Heather!!

I just noticed that you are pregnant the other day!! I sent you a PM. Congratulations! I know I am late on this though, and I can't believe it missed the news. I thinks its awesome. Thanks for replying. I must be nuts for even considering it but, I have to admit, that I am. Its hard to walk away from one more chance to have another baby when we still have 6 embryos frozen waiting for us. We thought about doing embryo adoption but there are so many restrictions, etc.. that the first place we started to pursue fell through. DH just wasn't ready to donate all 6 to another couple. We were willing to donate 2-3 but that was not in their contract. We just paid for another year of storage on the embryos so I don't feel rushed to make a decision but I am going to be 43 this year and time is ticking on my end for having more children and going through the whole pregnancy and newborn thing again. The Twinkies will be 7 months this week and its just so dang tiring because they aren't sleeping through the night yet and they don't nap at the same time. so its hard to get a break. Even with the older twins in school until 3, I'm up with Catherine who's not even 2.1/2 yet and the Twinks, I'm wore out. I have help, but no family around to help out. How far apart in age are your children? do you thinks it's doable on my end. right now with having 5 under 5? I just don't think so.

anyway, very excited for your new little one's arrival. Do you know what you are having?

And oh, Congrats on your newborn grandson! you must be so proud! He's beautiful!!

Love of love
Cat
Cathy 43~DH 41
3 m/c's
IVF#1 5/07-BFN • DE IVF#2 -no tx
DE IVF#3. ID twin boys born 9/25/08
FET#1 9/09-chem • FET#2 11/09-BFN
IVF#4 w/DE. DD born 11/3/10
FET#3 b/g twins born 7/25/12
FET#4 ITS A BOY! born 5/8/14

JADE0199
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jade2009 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:55 pm

Cathy-- hey there.. my oldest 3 are grown n have 2 grandchildren already.. my daughter had a son 2 years ago that i raised just up until last month. So i had ashlynn which is 2 and jade whom will be 5 in april. Otherwise my other son is 16.. whom is a wonderful help to us.. great big brother..

my daughter out of nowhere showed up for her son.last month. it was devastating losing my grandson. She left him with my husband and i for 2 years never really visited him' no child support to us but we never went forlegal custody cuz she showed no interest in ever wanting him back.. it was a tough loss. Ash n landyn were like twins so it has been tough.. i havent seen him since her and the new boyfriend picked him up..so trying to get into court for some visitation rights right now.. so not fair to us... my kids miss him terribly.. i know when my twins were born cathy 19 years ago my daughter was 3 and it was tough.. but once i seemed a little more relaxed we were pregnant again with my now 16 year old..i just turned 40 in october so we pretty much figured if we were gonna have anymore we better do it..i know its a tough decision but go with your heart and you will make the right decision cathy. You and pete are great parents.. your pics say it all. Quite a family unit.. good luck and keep me posted... xoxo heather :D
Heather 37
hubby 39
DD 18
Twins 16
Ds 13
BFP on 3-13-2010@ 8 dpo
Kyler will be here on 4-04-13 at noon CT

BFP on September 1st 2012 @ 12 DPO

Ashlynn born on November 16, 2010
Ashynn was 2 days old here... was so in love with my little girl

Ashlynn 2 taken in November right before her Birthday
jade2009