tearing

Talk about your birth plan, ask questions, and share advice.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: tearing

Postby HawkeyeGirl18 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:05 pm

Melissa: Ouch, I'm sorry you had such a rough go with your first. One of my co-workers had a horrible 3rd to almost 4th degree tear with her DS who was around 8.5lbs. She planned on a c-section with her second, but went into labor at 36 weeks with her DD and opted to skip the c-section. Her DD only weighed a bit over 6lbs and she barely tore at all. Good luck this time. Hopefully baby ends up being smaller and you won't have to worry about things!
Me: 28 DH: 30
My blog: http://ttcwithpcosrpl.blogspot.com
8w3d :angel: 5w0d :angel: 4w3d :angel:
19w4d :angel: :angel: :angel: Triplets lost to IC 1/7/11: Cadyn (with us for for 20 minutes), Adalyn & Mikayla (born sleeping)

:hb: Our little miracle Mason arrived on February 22, 2012! :hb:

Expecting TWINS June 2014 after just one round of treatments! :shock:

HawkeyeGirl18
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jessisamommy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:31 pm

Hawkeye- awww poor thing! Hope he feels better soon and before his party! My dd was sick the week before her party too but she got better just in time.

Melissa- how terrible! Sorry you had such a rough time and loooong recovery. I hope this baby is smaller for you. Does the doctor think this labor will go just as quickly or quicker?
Jesswantstobeamommy in the TTC boards

1 dd
1 ds on the way!

jessisamommy

Postby rcpmelissa » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:38 pm

they really have no way of predicting how fast labor will go. it's really just a guessing game. he said an epidural can sometimes slow things down, which in my case would be a good thing, but statistics usually show that the first baby is the slowest to arrive, but i know people who are the opposite. i've also heard that when you have a really horrible tear that the scar tissue doesn't stretch as much but i know people who have had horrible tears and then nothing the second baby?? It makes it rough to decide. I am so torn (no pun intended) on what to do. I don't want that experience again.
me (melissa):31 dh: 29
ds: born 6/7/11
preg with baby #2 due in july 2013
rcpmelissa
Star Member
Star Member

Postby meganmarie » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:14 pm

When my daughter was born, she was 8 1/2 lbs and sunny side up, so it took an hour to get her out and she ripped me a new one! I believe my tears were 2nd degree. Three years later, my son popped out after only a few pushes, weighing a little less than 7 lbs, though they had estimated that he would be as big as her. No tears, just a small abrasion--like a rug burn, only in your hoo-ha! So, there's really no way to predict if the second time will be just like the first. Personally, I wouldn't opt for a c-section just to avoid a possible tear. It's major surgery that you know you'll have to recover from, where the tear and it's severity is not guaranteed. Just my two-cents!
Team Green!

DD is 7, DS is 4

meganmarie
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:21 am

I had a labial tear with #1 also
I managed to burst my stitches though and the doctor didnt see the need to correct it, so I currently have a healed torn section on one side. It's a big tear, the full thickness of the lip, so I'm Concerned about where this would tear if it tore again...
If that makes sense?

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby jessisamommy » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:06 pm

Just to followup with this thread, I had my baby boy! :) I DID tear again....but the tears were not as bad and did not need stitches! So, overall recovery has been way easier
Jesswantstobeamommy in the TTC boards

1 dd
1 ds on the way!

jessisamommy

Previous

Return to Labor & Delivery