Taking Care of toddler after c-section?

Talk about your birth plan, ask questions, and share advice.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Taking Care of toddler after c-section?

Postby StephStorm » Fri May 17, 2013 1:58 pm

My daughter will be about 2 1/2 around the time I give birth. How long after were you able to pickup your toddler/change diapers?(hoping to have her potty trained by then) .
As far as having any help my mom will be able to watch her for about 2 weeks or less. Any advice?
Stephanie 26
DH Patrick 34
Clover Jane 5
Kimberly Rose 2.5
Daisy Belle born 7/22/16

StephStorm
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Taking Care of toddler after c-section?

Postby Christel113 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:47 am

When I had my c-section, they said that I couldn't lift/carry anything heavier than the baby for 2-3 weeks. So, unless you change her while she's standing up or somebody lifts her up and down from a changing table/surface, you won't be able to do a lot of the caring for her. You'll want all the extra help you can get. You also won't be able to drive or climb stairs for 2 weeks either. Have you had a c-section before?
Christel113

Re: Taking Care of toddler after c-section?

Postby AngelaW85 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:24 am

I haven't lifted my 2 year old, yet (he'll be 3 in Oct). He's a big boy tho. He's off the charts as far as height goes, so even tho I had my cesarean 2 weeks ago, I still don't think I can lift him without feeling pain in my incision. I have changed his diaper numerous times tho. He just climbs on the bed and I change him. Potty learning has been slow going for him lately so he's still in diapers. I have 3 sons ages 7, 5 and 2. My 2 oldest went and stayed at my Mom's for just over 2 weeks and my 2 year old spent Mondays-Thursdays at the in laws. It was a huge help. Try and get as much help as possible!

^^^The whole not climbing stairs thing isn't true tho. I live in a 3rd floor condo and I climbed the stairs quite a few times already. It hurt. But, I did it. They also never told me to not climb stairs. Just had to add this bc the PP said not to climb stairs :).
Me, Angela- 28 :kiss: DH, Sean- 32
DS1 '05, DS2 '07, DS3 '10- My 2nd VBAC! :hb:

Our little girl is here! Baby Laila was born 7/17/13 via cesarean, after 36 hours unmedicated labor!
She was 7lbs 14oz and 19in long! :hb:

AngelaW85
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Labor & Delivery