Good music to birth to?

Talk about your birth plan, ask questions, and share advice.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Good music to birth to?

Postby AmberLoo1022 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:13 am

Does anyone have any good music suggestions that are nice and soothing to birth to? I have a few songs in mind, but I want to make a whole playlist and have it going nonstop pretty much. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! Thanks so much!
ImageImageImageImage
AmberLoo1022
Angel
Angel

Re: Good music to birth to?

Postby Robbie88 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:59 am

two songs that will DEFINITELY be on my playlist

From this moment on- Shania Twain
Beautiful Boy- Celine Dion version
Robbie88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby OurAvery » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:18 pm

I heard the most beautiful song the other day for the first time..."A Mother's Prayer" by Keith and Kristyn Getty. The song will bring you to tears
Me: 27, Dh: 28
BFP: 1/20/13
TEAM BLUE!! 5/13/13 (19 weeks 3 days)

Benjamin Reid was born 9/27/13! 7lbs 12.5oz of perfection!

ImageImage
OurAvery
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Txjess4 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:08 pm

Ohhh good thread idea amber :)

I just read this awesome birth story on birth without fear and this mama birthed to many different versions of the son "yellow" by Coldplay..the lyrics are so amazing..

I'll probably use some cold play, I like the acoustic version of beyonce's "halo"...

We like a lot of different music like iron and wine, Mumford and sons, the lumineers...just really mellow stuff!

Second Little one EDD: 7/13/16
Txjess4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Stacette » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:12 am

I have everything from Bruno Mars to Halestorm on my birth music list. Josh Groban, Usher, Maroon 5, etc. It's not all "calm", but it's all music that can make me sort of fold into myself. I'm not sure what I'll want to listen to that day, but I think I'll have all the bases covered.
Stacy
Emily - 12.19.07
Chloe - 12.20.09
Conley - 7.25.13
Baby #4 - EDD 5.20.16

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Stacette
Star Member
Star Member

Postby specialkel » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:30 pm

I love what Stacy said about "folding in" to herself. That was the case for me my first time around. I had a very eclectic playlist because I had no idea what I would be in the mood for. The best songs turned out to be the ones with deep lyrics I could focus on, which helped whisk me away further into my own world and away from the intensity of what was going on. For my second labor, the best songs were ones DH and I have always enjoyed together and have memories attached to. I didn't feel the need to fold into myself like before--I wanted to reminisce (which I never saw coming, lol).

There's no way of knowing what kind of headspace you'll be in while in labor since there are so many variables, so I say, throw a little of everything you love on the playlist "just in case" and just skip anything annoying that comes up in the moment. :)
Me: 30
DH: 36
DD1: 4/26/10
DD2: 12/10/11
DS: 11/8/14
specialkel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AmberLoo1022 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:47 am

Thanks ladies! Im making a playlist right now. I love mellow stuff, but Im also into rock & roll, and indie type music. I LOVE the grateful dead. I wish I could just bring my whole record player into the hospital. :) I have sooooooo many records.
ImageImageImageImage
AmberLoo1022
Angel
Angel

Postby bazil323 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:47 pm

I'd make at least two playlists: One that is soothing & mellow and another that is more pump you up type stuff. I read a birth story of a mom who thought she'd want calm, soothing music and had that all ready to go, but when the time came, it was driving her nuts. She put on one of her regular playlists that was full of upbeat fast music, and that is what she wanted to hear in labor!
Recently had our first child and have been married since October 6, 2006. I'm 27 and DH 29.

First pregnancy chemical, January 31, 2013.

Got our BFP on March 6, 2013. EDC November 11. Born November 11, 2013!
bazil323
Addicted
Addicted

Postby ritzy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:20 pm

I ended up not evening using my play list because I had a scheduled c section and I couldn't play my own music. However I created a playlist because I as on denial that I as going to have to have the c section! Lol....my twins were both breech....anyway. I created almost a story with our play list. I started with our first dance song from our wedding and then chose songs that told our story from there. Our journey to have our babies was a long one and was sometimes very painful. We have an older daughter too and songs that represent her and the happy years of the "3 of us" are on there too. I even had some songs that represented our horrific infertility journey and songs that made me smile when I was pregnant. Each of our children have a "song" that we picked for them and that is the last song on the playlist. I'm happy to give you the titles I used if you want to PM me....my point is that for me I needed meaning....I wanted to participate and be reminded of the journey that got me to their birth. We listened to the playlist driving to the hospital and bringing them home and oddly when I gave them their first bath! I still listen to it a lot. It's one of my favorites!
Michelle 40 DH 39
DD1 6/18/03
MC:12/4/09 We will always love you baby girl!
Twin DD & DS 3/21/11- Our IVF Miracles!
M/C 5/3/12 Always in our hearts....

ritzy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ritzy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:23 pm

Oh! And it's the background music for the slides how we put together and emailed to all our family and friends of there birth, hospital stay, homecoming, and first few weeks!
Michelle 40 DH 39
DD1 6/18/03
MC:12/4/09 We will always love you baby girl!
Twin DD & DS 3/21/11- Our IVF Miracles!
M/C 5/3/12 Always in our hearts....

ritzy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby blessedwithonemore » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:19 am

I made mine!
Filled my ipod and bought a new ipod dock just for the hospital...
all nature sounds and Native American drum beats!
blessedwithonemore

Return to Labor & Delivery