Scheduled c-sections- did you make it to your date?

Talk about your birth plan, ask questions, and share advice.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Scheduled c-sections- did you make it to your date?

Postby same_true_taurus » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:52 pm

Just curious because soon I will be scheduling my 2nd section, first time was an emergency. It'll be one week before my current due date.
Guess I'm wondering if anyone went into labor or had their water break before a scheduled c-section? Did it make any difference in your experience?
Me (Joan): 34
DH: 34
DS1: age 11yrs (unplanned but wonderful surprise)
DS2: age 19 months (after ttc for 2 years)
Now expecting baby #3....surprise!
EDD is May 16th, 2016
same_true_taurus
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Scheduled c-sections- did you make it to your date?

Postby tdarrow » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:46 am

Hey, I had an unplanned Csection with my first. He was due Oct 31st 2004 but he decided to stay in a lil longer...Nov 10th LOL. I went into labor Nov. 9th in the AM. Finally after being in labor 25 hrs or so the doc said that baby was fine but my blood pressure was going up and the baby was not moving down like they would like so we went ahead and did a Csection. Fast forward to the present my due date was Jan 16 2013 my scheduled Csection was Jan. 10th. well i went into labor on Dec. 17th. they were able to stop it. I was lil too early since I wasnt quite 37 weeks. But the next week on Dec. 26th Lil man decided enough was enough and that he wanted out. I went into labor around 4 in the afternoon. Started having really strong contractions and since I was 37 weeks they went ahead and did the Csection. My water never broke just the contractions were strong and the doc was trying to be proactive. He didn't want any complications from the previous Csection scar as far as tearing or anything like that from the contractions. So by 11pm that night my lil Noah was born. weighing in at 6lbs 3oz and 19 inches long. He came out a squawling. LOL So a good size baby for being 3 weeks early. i was monitored very closely and things went smooth. I had a wonderful doctor and the nurses were very attentive. Hope my story helps. Take good care of yourself and that lil baby. I'll be saying a prayer for you that things go wonderfully. God Bless!!!
tdarrow
Angel
Angel

Postby Christianp23 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:51 am

Following this... I'm also going to have a scheduled csection, this is baby #2 and I had a csection with my first.
Christian (24) DH (28)
DS Judah *Jan 2012*
Pregnant with Baby #2! EDD 4/2/14
It's another Boy! *DS Sway*

Christianp23
Friend

Postby same_true_taurus » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:00 pm

Thanks so much for replying, td! That helps put my mind at ease. I was in labor for ds1 about 27 hrs. I only dilated to 9cm and he wasn't coming down far enough even after trying to push. He was born 9lb, 3oz. So we were a bad combo...I was too narrow and he was too large lol.
I'm definitely ok with the repeat c-section. I'm a control freak and knowing my due date was sounding awesome until my anxiety got the best of me. I'll definitely ask my OB what their routine is if baby comes early. And I'll be sure to post here after the birth....
EDD is May 16th, 2016
same_true_taurus
Star Member
Star Member

Postby LeeAnnS » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:48 am

Nope. My water broke at 37w and i was scheduled for a c-section at 38w.
LeeAnnS
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby JennMarie » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:17 am

I went one week early with my first (he was breech), but I made it to my scheduled C-section with my second. This time around I'm hoping to schedule surgery between a whole lot of events in May... so we shall see if she cooperates and stays in there!

I see that today is your actual due date.... did you have that precious little boy yet? :)
Me-34
DH-40

JennMarie
Star Member
Star Member

Postby same_true_taurus » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:45 am

Just to update: baby #2 was born Feb 24th as planned lol. The whole experience with the planned c-section was so much better. I was able to enjoy the baby much sooner. I didn't feel so "out of it."
EDD is May 16th, 2016
same_true_taurus
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Labor & Delivery