Repeat csection

Talk about your birth plan, ask questions, and share advice.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Repeat csection

Postby eggs#4 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:37 am

So I'm having a repeat csection. And have it scheduled but doctor says if I go into labor to go into hospital and nurse will call him in. I never thought of asking him at what point will they do the csection? After you dilate to a certain #? Stage? I'm getting to the end and thinking about this a lot. And I won't see him again for three weeks at 36 and my first baby came that early! He is on vacation next week so I will see his PA instead. Any other moms been here and give a lil direction?
Thanks!
eggs#4
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Repeat csection

Postby LeeAnnS » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:53 am

Well my c-section was scheduled for 38w and then my water broke at 37w around midnight but my contractions only started at 4am. We left for the hospital around 7am and my DD was born via emergency c-section by 08:30am.
LeeAnnS
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby eggs#4 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:37 pm

Wow I'm always impressed with you ladies that stay home after water breaks. If mine ever broke at home I would be on my way into hospital.
eggs#4
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby JennMarie » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:14 am

I went into labor a week before my scheduled C-section, and I was dilated to a 7 or 8 before my OB finally arrived. I think they were questioning whether I was really in labor! :)
Me-34
DH-40

JennMarie
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Labor & Delivery