Lost plug and swollen

Talk about your birth plan, ask questions, and share advice.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Lost plug and swollen

Postby Hfesing » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:08 pm

Hey everyone. I've been contracting for weeks. Tuesday they even kept me at my appt longer because I was contracting every 3 mins but I was only 1 cm dialated.

Well...they refuse to induce before 39 week, I have to have a repeat c-section, and I'm miserable today. I have been up since 3 am and just feel "strange". I am contracting here and there, but my body will randomly shake. My BP is good, so I don't think there's an issue there.

I lost my mucus plug yesterday and have been pretty uncomfortable ever since. I almost went in last night due to being so uncomfortable. TMI alert.....now, my vagina is extremely swollen. The outside is all puffy. I can barely walk today because of the pressure and pain.

If my water breaks, they will deliver now, other than that...it's a waiting game.

Anyone else ever experience this? Also..any advice on how I can "help" along my water breaking? I know our baby is 8 lbs right now, so she's on the bigger end!

Any info or experiences would be wonderful!

Bentley Jennifer 3-30-2006 (6 weeks early) after TTC for 2 years!

Unexpectedly expecting #2 after TTC for 5 years and giving up. Fallon Debra is due to March 12th, 2014!!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Hfesing
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Lost plug and swollen

Postby TurtleMomma » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:11 am

I am preg with my first and have no advice but did want you to know that I'll be thinking about you and hope the next we hear from you it's good news about your water breaking so you get this process started.
So sorry you are so uncomfortable, but know that when you see that little face it will all be worth it.
Hugs!
Me - 33
DH - 34
Married - 5/5/2012
TTC - 5/2013

1 Angel baby, MC 6/11/2013
1 Turtle Kid, BFP 8/29/2013

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
TurtleMomma
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Return to Labor & Delivery