Third c-section

Talk about your birth plan, ask questions, and share advice.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Third c-section

Postby MrsJ » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:30 am

I am pregnant with my third child and am planning on a third c-section. The first one was because she was breech (and 10 days overdue!!) The second one was scheduled because my hospital does not do vbacs, I did think about going to a different hospital but its a 45 minute drive either direction so I chose to do a repeat c-section. With the second one I was scheduled to go in 4 days before my due date, main reason for that date is that my Dr. only does surgury on Mondays. I have not seen her yet and I'm sure we wont schedule a date until after my 20 week scan but my question is this, how early or close to your due date have you ladies had a scheduled c-section? My due date is a Wednesday (remember no scan yet) and I was just worrying that 2 days sooner might not be enough, but going further back to the Monday before that and I'm looking at going in 10 days before I'm due. I know I should not worry yet as I have 7 months to figure this all out but I like to plan ahead and know everything right away.
MrsJ
Angel
Angel

Re: Third c-section

Postby peachy » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:09 am

With my son, I was induced at 39 weeks because my then hubby was deploying and I didn't want him to miss the birth. It was a traumatizing and horrible disaster and it ended up as an emergency c-section.

In January I had a D&C because it was a missed miscarriage and my body wasn't doing anything. My obgyn who did the surgery recommended I do another csection for she had a hard time opening my cervix. I told her I didn't progress past 5 cm and started closing back, and she doesn't think I'll progress normally next time and must have a csection in the future.

I used to think vbac but after that traumatizing loss, I'm fine with a scheduled c-section to avoid another disaster. I'm due Feb 7th, I don't know if she will schedule me that day, she hasn't said anything yet. I think it's all up to the baby and lung development and measurements.
peachy
Angel
Angel

Postby bakermommy » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:10 am

I had my first C-section at 37.3 wks with my twins. Baby A was breech. Babies were perfectly healthy although I had a steroid shot at 31 wks due to premature labor. Second C-section was scheduled for 39 wks and I went into labor two days before that. This time she said she will take the baby at 38 wks because my uterus was so thin at my last one because apparently I labored for 24 hours and didn't know it...oops! I understand how nervous you are because you want your baby to stay in and bake as long as possible but I know I trust my dr enough to not make any decisions that are unnecessary. If she thinks 38wks is what is safe for me and my baby then I trust her. Most babies are good to go by 36 wks even though I know that is not ideal. And I don't know statistics or anything but I would bet most woman don't go all the way up to 40 wks before they deliver. Try and relax and just tell your dr your concerns and see what she has to say.

Side note: why do dr's only do surgeries on Mondays and Fridays (that is what my dr does too) lol. Guess they have to :)
4/2009 :angel2:
IVF#1 BFP 10-23-10
Beckham Cale 5lbs 6 oz 6/17/11
Brody Kingston 6 lbs 2 oz 6/17/11
BFP#3 5-4-12
6-5-12 :hb: 157
6-26-12 :hb: 160
7-25-12 :hb: 144
8-6-12 It's a boy
1/5/13 Bray Isaiah 8 lbs 5 oz
BFP#4 7/29/14
Beta # 1 7/30/14 (15)
Beta #2 8/1/14 (66) Progesterone 26
9/10/14 :hb: 166
10/8/14 :hb: 156
11/10/14 It's a Princess!!
3/27/15 Brooklyn Grace 7lbs 13 oz 19 in
bakermommy
Addicted
Addicted

Postby prayedformybaby » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:13 pm

My Dr. and hospital don't allowed scheduled csections before 39 weeks...so mine is scheduled for 39w2d. I think more hospitals are making that rule, so I would guess they would make you wait until 39. That would change of course if you have a reason why you may go in to labor earlier or some other complication.
prayedformybaby
Star Member
Star Member

Postby MrsJ » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:57 pm

Well my due date ended up moving up a few days so my c-section is planned for 39+3 Feb 16th :) I'm super excited and hopefully baby wont try to come earlier than that :)
MrsJ
Angel
Angel

Postby Amay82 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:58 am

This will be my third c-section too, First I was induced at 38 weeks with GD and they said a large baby ( but came out at only 8lbs on the dot ). When induced I never softened or dilated any so the next day I had to have an emergency c-section at 38 weeks 1 day.

Second one I was 39 weeks because my DR said I was too high risk to even do a V-bac cause after number 1 section she did a biopsy of the cervix and I am extremely scared from having my fair shares of cyrotherapy done.

Third I never even bothered to ask, We should be booking the ER at this coming appointment on the 22nd if I have the 20 week scan by then if not next appointment for sure but I would hope I get in before then I should be hitting the 21 week mark at this upcoming appointment.

I am super nervous this time around not sure why, I have been hearing a lot of stories lately of things going terribly wrong afterwards so now I am all antsy in a bad way. Plus I always get these spells about 5 minutes into being laid down after the spinal where I start to feel weak and dizzy and nearly pass out, anesthesiologist never tells me whats up always ensures every things fine does something to the line going in and voila I am better I just wish they would speak up more I am just guessing too much medicine maybe? IDK lol
ME - Aimée - 32 - DP - Jon - 37 - DD - Alicia - 13 - DS - Dallas - 11 - Jace - 3 - Lainey - 1.5 - #5 - Due May 4th or sooner!
Amay82
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MorghanW » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:55 pm

Most places in the US won't schedule c-sections before 39 weeks for legal reasons (unless there is a documented medical reason the baby should be taken sooner). I'm scheduled for a repeat c-section at 39w1d. DS was breech and scheduled for 39w exactly, but came at 38w1d, perfectly healthy.
Me: 31
DH: 33
:angel: 5/2005
DS: 2
DD: 1/19/2015 7lbs 9oz, 20.5 in @ 37w1d

MorghanW
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby peachy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:58 pm

I'll probably have a second csection (I don't want to go past my due date because of risks) by Feb 6th. Will see what the midwives say if its Feb 6th or Feb 9th. Not sure if I can go to labor on my own before 40 wks, not likely….. :(
peachy
Angel
Angel

Return to Labor & Delivery