Considering natural birth for #2

Talk about your birth plan, ask questions, and share advice.

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Considering natural birth for #2

Postby Abryant86 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:25 pm

So I know this is early to think about but I was curious if anyone has experience an natural birth after a medicated birth? Would you do it again?
I had a terrible experience (yes I know each one is different) with the epidural. They poked me 3 times, I HATED not being able to walk around, stalled my labor & it gave me the worse migraine ever! I literally couldn't move my neck a millimeter without being in excruciating pain.

I'm considering a natural birth this time and wondering if I'm crazy??
Ashten - Me 28
Jerimy - DH 29
Claire - DD 12/13
Baby #2 - DUE 4/17/16
8/7/15 (3w6d) beta -144
8/10/15 (4w1d) beta -488
8/14/15 (4w5d) beta -1873
11w1d :hb: 157
12w5d :hb: 170!
It's a BOY!!
Carter James
Abryant86
Angel
Angel

Re: Considering natural birth for #2

Postby 3-liz » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:40 am

I don't think you are crazy.
I'm curious too about other people's experiences.
I just had my baby girl 10 days ago. It was a medicated birth and I didn't like it. I hated it when the needle was inserted between my vertebras, only half of my body was anesthetized and after I had my baby I could not stand for 2 days without feeling weak and in pain, and I still have back pain around the injection site.

No epidural for me for the next baby!
Me 31, Him 32 Both french living in Barcelona
TTC #1
BFP at cycle 3 @11dpo

Our little girl is here! Charlie is born on sept 1st 2015!
3-liz
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Considering natural birth for #2

Postby elohcin » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:57 am

I know this is an older thread, but I just saw this.

I had a medicated hospital birth with my first. While it was not necessarily a bad experience, I knew I wanted something different next time. My last three were born naturally (ALL natural...at home unassisted, actually! LOL). While I wasn't in a hospital for them, I have to say, those births taught me to LOVE labor. They were SUCH amazing experiences, I can't even say enough about them. I can't even imagine myself choosing an epidural now that I've done it the other way (even with my big 10lb boy with his 15.5" head!). I felt so much more in control, I learned what my body needed (positions, movement, etc), and I didn't have to be concerned with the cascade of interventions. I admit that had I been in a hospital, I probably wouldn't have found it QUITE as easy because I don't do well with a lot of confrontation and I hate having to FIGHT for what I want (because now that I know how my body does it best, I am a "picky" birther!), so my confidence level likely would have dropped a lot. But I know many women handle those things a thousand times better than I do and can pull of natural hospital births like a piece of cake!

Good luck!! You can totally do it!
Me (30) DH (33) Married 12 years!
Mama to 4 in arms (ages 10, 8, 6, 3) and 11 in Heaven
Thanking God for a new little one coming our way in 2016!
elohcin
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Labor & Delivery