Weight loss buddies!!

Ready to shed those baby pounds?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby Cindy » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:06 am

I would if I could lose any amount of weight, it would be 30. But I can`t even remember the last time I was that weight. Like probably 12 years ago lol. I`m trying to lose 20 because I was 145 when I found out that I was pregnant with B, but I was for the last 7 years more 155ish. I will settle for 150, so 15 lbs...but ideally 20. In my dream world, 30.
Cindy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ete29 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:00 am

Great Idea!

I dont' have too much weight to lose - maybe ten pounds. I am more concerned with my total lack of muscle tone. My last pregnancy left my body in shambles. I've been doing "restorative" exercises and am trying to get to a place where I can start to do more normal type exercises. I have a pelvic seperation I'm working on fixing.

Anyone else out there in this boat?
DS Dec'08
DD Jul'10 dx w/high risk neuroblastoma June '11-became an angel oct '12
Early M/C July '13
DD Jan'15
My Blog
ete29
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MrsMartin » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:29 am

Congrats to you BrittniMarie!!! Such an awesome accomplishment to get a degree and have 2 LOs :D

I was around 135-145 for the past 6 years until having my LO...during my pregnancy I gained 65 pounds 8O I lost 30 pounds (tooon of water weight) within 2 weeks of having John and was stuck at 175-180 for 6 months after. I was running, walking, hitting the elliptical at the gym and nothing seemed to help. I am in the military so crunch time for the fitness exam hit and I started the Medifast program which helped me lose 15 pounds in 2 weeks (in September). I haven't gone back on the program since but continued to slowly lose a few more pounds. It will soon be time for my next fitness exam so I really need to get back to running and doing weight training. I plan to start Medifast again on Monday after the holiday weekend 8) Caidsmomma it sounds like we are in the same boat...I would really like to be back in the 130s...dream weight 120 but that just doesn't seem reasonable anymore lol!!
MrsMartin
Addicted
Addicted

Postby katiejo » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:56 pm

I'm going to join you guys! I'd like to lose about 40 pounds before next summer. It took me almost 5 months pp to lose a single pound after ds#3 was born & i'm so sick of the muffin top, lol! :puke:
I did the 5 week body makeover thing before i got pregnant with ds#2 & was able to drop about 25 pounds in a month, so i'm going to do that again.
I also bought the Jillian Michaels Shred dvd. I've heard that it works really fast & the workouts are only like 20 minutes long, so i have no excuse. :D
Cathy (38) :hb: DH (39)
John (Jan. '05) :hb: Nate (June '07) :hb: Gabe (May '10)
katiejo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby coastieschick » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:20 pm

I am about to start Turbo Fire, I have about 30 lbs to loose still. If anybody would be interested in doing it with me I can send you a link, I think its like $100 for the system BUT they have short workouts and you do it all at home so I figure, for me atleast, it'll be cheaper/easier then trecking to the gym and hopefully I can get a workout in while little man is napping each day ;)
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MightyMarj » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:41 pm

Ete29, I think I'm in about the same boat as you. I need to lose maybe 5 pounds, but I need to do a LOT of toning because I'm going to be in a bikini in Jamaica at the end of February, and my butt does NOT look good. That's right, a bikini. I already bought it for motivation, and I have to wear it because none of my one pieces are cute!

However.... I just had foot surgery and won't be able to really work out for a couple weeks. For now I want to do leg lifts, sit ups, and crunches, and then when I get the all clear I'm going full tilt P90X!!!

Ya wanna be my workout buddy???
Me: 34 DH: 38 DS: Colvin, 6 DD: Georgia, 4 DD: Ella, 4, from Russia
Baby #4 c-section scheduled for July 28!
:angel: Aug 2012 at 5 wks 3 days

Adoption story http://aplantingforhisglory.blogspot.com//, Love fabric? http://www.etsy.com/shop/mightymarj
MightyMarj
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LoveVaeh » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:33 pm

Hope you dont mind... But I am SO joining you guys! My sister and I just made a "resolution" to text eachother a picture of us on the scale (number, not body pic) every Monday. And we are also going to try to keep food logs.

I am thinking of starting a weight-loss blog to write about all the struggles and stuff... Anyone want to write in it with me? I used to be on a blog like that and I think 5 of us would write on it daily. Unfrtunatly it died out. :-( Just let me know! I think it would hold a bunch of us accountable for what we do each day/week.

I am also starting Insanity with DH here soon. We have been meaning to start it, but our TV went out and they havent been in to fix it yet (excuse, maybe?)
Randi and Greg - Formula feeding, Retired Breastfeeding, Baby-wearing, Co-Sleeping/Bed-sharing Military Mommy and Daddy! - Yes, I can do it too!

:hb: 5 month breastfeeding milestone :hb:
Unfortunately, Had to quit at 5m3wk.. :(

Nevaeh - 7/7/04, 35wk, 5lbs 7oz
Ryenn - 10/24/08, 39w1d, 7lbs 7oz
Jordynn - 10/11/10, 40w1d, 7lbs 11oz
LoveVaeh
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby coastieschick » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:54 am

Will they let us make this a check-in type thing or should we start another? Maybe once a month so Feb 1st, we'll all post before and progress pictures!?!?!?!

My plan is Turbo Fire until April 1 (little man will be 7 months and I will probably wean him off the boob around 6 months) Then I plan to start my 1st cycle of P90X (since I think its probably more intense) & start using Shakeology as a meal replacement once a day. They make a 3 day cleanse that my SIL lost 6 lbs on and didn't gain them back, over the holidays. That sold me! So with all that I figure I should hit my goal and be toned enough for a bikini come summer time fx! Just gotta hope these few stretchies fade away :oops:

If y'all ever need more workouts, or shakeology/supplements I sell for Beachbody the company that makes P90X & Insanity, I can tell you how to get 25% off that stuff ;)
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby katiejo » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:43 am

My sister & BIL did P90X for a while but stopped because the workouts took too long (my sis said some of them were like 90 minutes). It did work for them, though.
What is shakeology? I've never heard of it but i am interested. I'm going to start my 30 day shred tomorrow, then maybe after that i'll dig out my Billy Blanks boot camp (those are HARD & totally work) & add that in a few days a week.
I signed up at myfitnesspal - i'm 3boymommy (i haven't posted anything yet, though). :)
Cathy (38) :hb: DH (39)
John (Jan. '05) :hb: Nate (June '07) :hb: Gabe (May '10)
katiejo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ete29 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:30 am

MightyMarj- Yay! I'd love to be fitness buddies together. I will start a thread; "slow and steady wins the race" for anyone who is recovering and starting out slowly.
DS Dec'08
DD Jul'10 dx w/high risk neuroblastoma June '11-became an angel oct '12
Early M/C July '13
DD Jan'15
My Blog
ete29
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to Weight Loss Club