What are you eating?

Ready to shed those baby pounds?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

What are you eating?

Postby MrsMartin » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:04 am

Right now I am on the Medifast diet so what I can eat is very limited...but hey it's only a couple of weeks! I got the Hungry Girl cookbook and will probably be making a lot of stuff from there. For the diet I have been baking my chicken in water instead of oil...because it's gotta have something lol...and sprinkling with Mrs. Dash tomato and herb. It's not too bad. What are you guys eating?

If anyone would like information about the Medifast diet let me know! It really has worked for me (and several people I know) and the weight that I lost so far has not come back eventhough I stopped the diet for a few months.
MrsMartin
Addicted
Addicted

Postby jodilynn » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:02 pm

I really wish the Weight Loss board had more traffic!! I would love to know what everyone is eating. Getting ideas from other ladies on what works for them can really help. Heres what I eat when I actually stay on track (aka, not right now! LOL)

Some Bfast ideas-
1 individual cup of vanilla yogurt and a handfull of frozen (but thawed) strawberries thrown into a blender.

Boiled eggs

Carnations Breakfast Esseintials shake

Oatmeal w/ fruit

Lunch-

Turkey lunch meat, mustard pickle wrap (soudns odd but its really good)

Low Fat Cheese Quesidilla

Half bag of Salad mix bag, fat free italian dressing and shredded chicken breast

Dinner-

Shredded BBQ chicken sandwich on slimwhich bun (Receipe from Hungry girl)

Italian chicken breast and ginger cous cous w/peas

Low fat chicken quesidilla with home made salsa

Chicken breast smotherd in homemade salsa and fat free cheese

Snacks-

yogurt

steamed frozen carrots (Im an addict for some reason)

String Cheese

Laughing cow cheese weight watchers

When I NEED to indulge I eat half a cup of slow churned ice cream.

This guy has quite a bit of good recieipes. Just taking your regular meal and making it with healthier choices.

http://www.youtube.com/user/fitcoach2007
DS1: 01.15.10
jodilynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MightyMarj » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:58 pm

I'm happy to know some other people are on this board with me! I'm mostly just exercising and trying to eat right, not dieting really, but I have cut down to one soda and one latte per week, which is a huge sacrifice for me. For breakfast, I have instant breakfast, sometimes with a banana, or oatmeal.
For lunch I hardly eat because I'm so busy dealing with the kids - usually a PB&J or turkey sandwich. DH makes lots of healthy dinners with lots of veggies and fish or chicken, so I don't have to worry about that. We're trying to be healthier.
Me: 34 DH: 38 DS: Colvin, 6 DD: Georgia, 4 DD: Ella, 4, from Russia
Baby #4 c-section scheduled for July 28!
:angel: Aug 2012 at 5 wks 3 days

Adoption story http://aplantingforhisglory.blogspot.com//, Love fabric? http://www.etsy.com/shop/mightymarj
MightyMarj
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby beautyonthebeach83 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:46 pm

I'm doing Weight Watchers PointsPlus since I had such great success with the old WW in the past. (I'm a lifetime member over goal right now, 19 lbs to go til I'm where I want to be but only 13 lbs from getting my lifetime status back.)

A typical food day for me looks something like this:

Bfast: egg whites, 2 slices center cut bacon, 2 slices Sara Lee Delightful wheat toast + Smart Balance Light (or I Can't Believe It's not Butter Light, whichever is on sale) and fat free lattes made with skim milk and Splenda

Snack: a banana or some other fruit, light string cheese

Lunch: a big salad with chicken breast, low fat cheese, ranch, veggies, diet soda

Snack: fruit or veggie sticks

Dinner: a lean protein, usually chicken, a starch (usually wild rice or potatoes) and a veggie, either steamed or a huge salad

Dessert: low fat ice cream or fruit with chocolate, but this varies :) I don't deprive myself ever!
Crystal [28] DH Keith [28] DS Jeffrey [2] DD Chloe [5.5 months]
beautyonthebeach83
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shannybaby » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:31 pm

I have a hard time eating right since my husband works nights and the kids are picky !! So i usually end up throwing a pizza in the oven or something :( I keep lean cuisine on hand though.

My fav recipe blog is this : Scroll down for the recipes...

http://amysmithr.blogspot.com/2005_08_01_archive.html
Shannon :hb: Adam
ImageImage
ImageImage
Our sweet baby girl, Aspen Greer, arrived March 1st 2013 at 4:30 am weighing 6lb 20in !! <3
Shannybaby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: What are you eating?

Postby beachmommy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:18 pm

I have been trying to eat as clean as I possibly can. I started adding shakeology into my diet, and it has been helping my diet be so much more effective. http://shakeology.com/ I love desserts but it has actually helped curb my cravings for sweets and salty foods.

For breakfast I have a couple different meals I like to whip up: egg whites & spinach/avocado, oatmeal with fresh cut fruit, hardboiled eggs, or fat-free yogurt with a tiny bit of granola. Has great amount of protein and fiber without having too many fillers that will leave me hungry in an hour.

For lunch, I usually make a smoothie with shakeology. I have the tropical strawberry and chocolate flavors (so yummy!) It has so much nutrients in it that one shake is the perfect amount

There is a lot I do with dinner but I mainly like to bake chicken or salmon, sauté fresh veggies like zucchini or asparagus, and have some couscous on the side.
beachmommy
Friend

Re: What are you eating?

Postby emmi » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:04 am

For Breakfast I'm normally having oatmeal with fruits but sometimes also chia pudding which is so amazing!
Lunch either fish or chicken with some vegetables sometimes a soup with wholemeal/brown bread. I also love scrumbled eggs with tomatoes.
emmi
Friend

Return to Weight Loss Club