P90X

Ready to shed those baby pounds?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

P90X

Postby Cakebossmom » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:17 am

Have any of you tried this program? DH got it for me for Xmas because I couldn't get to the gym much due to DS' napping schedule.

I love it! It requires minimal equipment and comes with a detailed nutrition/cook book. Everything is very well explained and it's easy to follow.

The BEST thing about it is that I get to stay home and workout in my underwear while DS naps! :wink: It's so convenient.

I suggest you take before/after pics, measurements & weight and if you follow it diligently, you are bound to get the results you are looking for. The instruction book and introduction DVD demonstrate how to record that data.

I've been doing it for 3 weeks and already I can see a big difference. But first and foremost, I feel awesome! :D

Good luck!
DS born May 2010
DD born April 2012
Expecting #3 July 20, 2014!
Cakebossmom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby coastieschick » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:25 pm

I use Turbo Fire (another Beachbody product) and am having great results with that. I actually became a consultant so that I could get 25% off all the workouts, but I was going to say if you haven't already signed up online you should! The WOWy gym really helps keep me accountable since I have to log my workouts. My site is www.teambeachbody.com/stephaniescott

I'm only 3 weeks into Turbo Fire but I've lost 7 inches, I really want to get P90 next... :wink:
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Cakebossmom » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:51 pm

coastieschick wrote:I'm only 3 weeks into Turbo Fire but I've lost 7 inches, I really want to get P90 next... :wink:

Wow! That's awesome! Good for you!

I've logged onto beachbody once but just quickly so I didn't get a chance to check out the forums, etc. I'll check it out tomorrow.

I'm very pleased with the results I'm seeing so far. I've lost 5lbs in three weeks.

Did you take "before" pictures to compare with in a few months? I'm using my pics as a motivation tool... :wink:
DS born May 2010
DD born April 2012
Cakebossmom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby coastieschick » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:34 pm

Yep, I took a before picture bare belly w/ stretch marks and all. I can't wait until next Thursday to take new pictures and compare my 30 day progress :)
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MightyMarj » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:39 pm

DH & I are doing P90X right now, and we love it! We're on day 16 of the program. This is the longest i've stuck to a workout regimen EVER, which is sad because it's only a little over 2 weeks. :lol:

We've been taking pics once a week, and I can already see a difference. We're going on vacation in a month, and I want to look good in my swimsuit, so I'm HIGHLY motivated.
Me: 34 DH: 38 DS: Colvin, 6 DD: Georgia, 4 DD: Ella, 4, from Russia
Baby #4 c-section scheduled for July 28!
:angel: Aug 2012 at 5 wks 3 days

Adoption story http://aplantingforhisglory.blogspot.com//, Love fabric? http://www.etsy.com/shop/mightymarj
MightyMarj
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Cakebossmom » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:15 am

Yay! Another P90X'er! I'm in the same boat as you Marj - we're going to Mexico in less than 6 weeks and I would love to feel confident wearing my bikini! :wink:

Coastieschick - I signed up on the beachbody forum too. I'll add more info to it when I get a chance.

Marj - did you set up a profile on it too?

We should become virtual workout buddies.
DS born May 2010
DD born April 2012
Cakebossmom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby coastieschick » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:40 pm

Woo-hoo :D

I know what you mean about sticking to something, I tend to get frustrated after a while but I am LOVING Turbo Fire, so for now its all good.

How long are the P90x workouts?
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Cakebossmom » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:34 pm

The longest is yoga (1.5hr) but the rest of the DVD's are around 45-60 min long. I workout while DS naps in the morning. It's great.
DS born May 2010
DD born April 2012
Cakebossmom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jamm » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:27 pm

I am also doing p90x! My sister recommended it to me after she got great results with it...so far I am 5 days into it and LOVE it! This is my 2nd time doing it as I had started it right before Christmas but lost my will-power a week into it. So far so good...I absolutely love it! The soreness and pain have started to subside so its a more enjoyable working out!

I refuse to give up this time! I do have to admit that I HATE Ab-ripper X and half way into Yoga I had to stop and stare at them while they were doing some of the stretches 8O
Me 30 DH 41
DS:12
DD & DS:9
DD: 8
DD & DS: 4
Jamm
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Cakebossmom » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:30 am

Oh I understand about the will power...although I must say that P90X is so much fun that I've stuck to it so far, which I doubted I could do. I'm usually not one to stick to a program by myself but I'm in my fourth week and still going strong! I will take a progress pic next Sunday.
DS born May 2010
DD born April 2012
Cakebossmom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby coastieschick » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:16 pm

That's how I am with Turbo Fire, I enjoy the workouts and LOVE the feeling of accomplishment for finishing and giving 100% I think I am going to order P90x and do a hybrid though ;)

If y'all ever want to order more workouts or shakes/bars (the P90x ones are on sale right now) Please use my site (so I get credit), also if you ever start using items on a regular basis and think you would be interested in selling you get 25% off everything. (no minimum to sell, I just do it for the discount)

Hope to see y'all in the WOWy gym! I should be taking progress pictures on Thursday, I'll post them here...
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MightyMarj » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:34 pm

No, i haven't set up a profile. We're borrowing the DVDs from friends, so would I even be able to? It would probably just end up being more time that I waste online. :lol:

Today was day 21 for us. I can't wait to see how I look in a few weeks!
Oh, and the yoga is the only one I don't like. It's soooo long and soooo repetitive. There's a couple of poses I don't even attempt because I'm scared I'll get another bulging disc in my neck (had one a few months ago, not workout related). Ab ripper is brutal, but it's mercifully short, so I don't mind it that much.

Adoption story http://aplantingforhisglory.blogspot.com//, Love fabric? http://www.etsy.com/shop/mightymarj
MightyMarj
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jamm » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:42 pm

A little update: I am not weighing myself until I am done with the first 90 days so I don't know exactly how much weight I have lost but I did want to say I can put my skinny jeans on!!!! I am normally an 11-13 now and my old size was a 7-9 which is my goal and my 9's now go on! I can't button them yet but they go all the way on :lol:

How is everyone else doing?
Me 30 DH 41
Jamm
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MightyMarj » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:22 pm

We're on week 5! Only 2 weeks until we go to Jamaica, so we're plugging along. I really hate the yoga though!

MightyMarj
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jamm » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:54 pm

Congrats on week 5! I am just starting week 4 tomorrow (had to look at my schedule) I don't like the yoga either. I have done it once but really didn't care for it found myself watching more than doing and really tempted to fast forward so I use yoga as my rest day and x-stretch instead of the normal rest day. I did just notice that week 4 has 2 days of yoga and x stretch is part of the week instead of optional so I guess I am going to have to suck it up and give it a shot. I found with yoga that my sides get in the way of alot of the moves.

Jamaica is going to be a blast! My sister went on her honeymoon and had so much fun! She is actually thinking of going back for her babymoon.
Me 30 DH 41
Jamm
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to Weight Loss Club