P90X

Ready to shed those baby pounds?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby Beegee » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:33 pm

Hey ladies, just lurking! I'm in desperate need for some workout motivation and I must say, your reviews on p90x have me intrigued! I've heard nothing but good about it so far, and here it sounds like you're all sticking it out... which is so great.

I need to tone my body so bad, but so far have only been able to drag myself to a few yoga classes here and there and do the odd ab-workout in my basement. Before the baby, i was an avid runner and in great shape for the most part. How depressing that now all I want to do in my spare time is sit on my couch and eat sweets. Sigh!

Good luck in your p90x endeavors and thanks for sharing!
Me: 35, DH: 36. DD1 born June 18th, 2010. DD2 born April 12th, 2012. Baby #3 EDD Sept 16, 2014:)
Beegee
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby slarue » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:26 pm

Hi Ladies. I am considering P90X, but have a few questions. My DH was very encouraging when I talked to him about starting the program, but he asked if it would effect bf'ing. Have any of you done the program while bf'ing? I'm only about 3 weeks pp. Should I wait to start a program like this? Thanks for any input or advise.
Christian Wife & SAHMama to the love of my life, Nate DH of 9 years (together for 11) and sweet DD's Ava 6/08 & Isabel 2/11, with baby #3 due 11/21/12.
Image Image Image Image
slarue
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby MightyMarj » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:51 pm

I'm no doctor, but I would think it's ok to do while BFing. It makes you want to drink a ton of water, which is good. And there are no dietary restrictions.
Me: 34 DH: 38 DS: Colvin, 6 DD: Georgia, 4 DD: Ella, 4, from Russia
Baby #4 c-section scheduled for July 28!
:angel: Aug 2012 at 5 wks 3 days

Adoption story http://aplantingforhisglory.blogspot.com//, Love fabric? http://www.etsy.com/shop/mightymarj
MightyMarj
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby coastieschick » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:50 pm

I would say that P90x wouldn't be too big of an issue. Especially if you do the lean version b/c that schedule doesn't require a crazy amount of cardio.
I didn't notice any drops in supply but I was already weaning my son when I started P90x about 2 weeks ago so...
...like most things baby related it'll probably vary person to person.

If you ever have anymore ?'s, want a free "coach" to help you meet your goals or decide to buy P90x check out my site www.teambeachbody.com/stephaniescott

and/or you can email me at coastiechick@live.com for some reason I'm not being notified of new posts anymore???

Also wanted to add (b/c I was so nervous about the pull ups), he give you substitute moves with resistance bands to help work you up to pull up level!!!
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Shannybaby » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:26 pm

How is everyone doing on this ?? I am trying to decide between p90, p90x, or turbo fire !
Shannon :hb: Adam
ImageImage
ImageImage
Our sweet baby girl, Aspen Greer, arrived March 1st 2013 at 4:30 am weighing 6lb 20in !! <3
Shannybaby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby coastieschick » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:28 pm

Turbo fire is more cardio based P90x is more bootcamp style. I actually like it better b/c you can set your own pace...
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to Weight Loss Club