Lost 45 pounds

Ready to shed those baby pounds?

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Lost 45 pounds

Postby xolapeacebaby » Fri May 13, 2016 9:13 am

Hello loves,
Right now I'm in my tww, 6dpo, and couldn't be more anxious to test. Anyhow I have lost 45lbs in the last 6 months preparing my body for life. I still have about 35lbs left to release before I reach my ultimate health goal.
This is the first month my fiancee and I have been ttc. While I'm hoping to get a bfp I'm also still trying to lose weight. This last month I hit a plateau and have been going back and forth between these 5lbs. I started doing more weight training and watching what I eat better to burst past this pause. In the past I was shedding about 2lbs a week or less.
Now that I am trying to get pregnant part of me wants to stop trying to lose weight and just take it easy on the workouts. On the other side I have read that it is ok to keep up your physical activity and listen to your body once you become pregnant.

I wanted to share my weight loss situation with you all and hopefully get some insight. What are your thoughts on losing weight while ttc? How about working out while pregnant?
xolapeacebaby

Re: Lost 45 pounds

Postby beachmommy » Tue May 31, 2016 8:13 am

Great job losing 45 lbs that is a major accomplishment! It is definitely okay to continue working out and losing weight as long as you're doing it in a healthy way. It is also okay to continue to work out while pregnant especially if your body is used to by working out prior to pregnancy. Definitely consult with your doctor but he/she will tell you that it's fine and will probably just give you restrictions on weights and things like that. Beachbody has a program specifically geared to pregnancy workouts that is split into trimesters with exercises that are completely healthy and safe to do during each phase of your pregnancy. Whenever the time comes, I definitely recommend looking into it so that you know you're being safe while still keeping your body healthy.

Good luck!
beachmommy
Friend

Return to Weight Loss Club