Nursing bra recs?

A *supportive* forum for mommies who are breastfeeding :-)

Moderators: jessm, B Michaelson, southernbelle, 1daysoon, reapage, maddy, TrebleLily, Honey Bunny, unaffected, saraspi

Nursing bra recs?

Postby jmyus » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:53 am

i am looking for any recs on a new bra. i have used motherhoods bras in the past, but i wasnt in love with them. i am looking for a soft cup one for the begining and night time, and then a more supportive option for daytime. this is my third baby, and i am due in january. i have some time to shop around, but i wont buy the more supportive option until after milk supply has regulated some. thanks ladies!

-megan
Megan (36)
Joe (35)
Oliver 9/29/05 (IVF x1)
Finley 6/30/08 (FET x2)
Baby Boy #3 (IVF X1, FET X3)
crop by jmyus, on Flickr
jmyus
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Nursing bra recs?

Postby jessm » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:54 am

I'm "well endowed" and I love my bravado. I also was not impressed with the motherhood. At night and in the very beginning when I wasn't leaving the house much anyway I just used a Walmart brand sports bra. I liked it for what it was.
BFP 5/4/11 at 10 DPO with our first!
8/2/11 it's a BOY!!!
BFP 12/20/13 at 10 DPO with baby 2!
3/19/14 it's a GIRL!!!

jessm

Postby ajs333 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:42 am

I got some Lamaze bras on sale super cheap at Burlington Coat Factory. I got one in every color because they were so affordable. Those are the ones I really wear the most because they are so comfy.
Me:Jill (37) DH:Scott (40 ) DS: Ian (3) DS: Joel (12/27/11)
ajs333
Star Member
Star Member

Postby litmajor » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:00 am

I got a Lamaze one at Burlington too, and love it.
litmajor
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Cathyanderson » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:26 am

I have had many nursing bras over the years, and I was never happy! They always made my boobs look terrible, or they were so thin they showed my nursing pads! Finally, with baby #4 i found my favorite bra! just my size bra is so soft and silky, and has just the right amount of padding that stays dry
Cathyanderson

Postby katrinebowden » Wed May 29, 2013 10:46 pm

I truly agree with jmyus statement. During or after pregnancy, it's very difficult to manage the breast size. Some women's feel awkward because of increasing and declining size of the breast and it's impossible for us to locate the actual dress, which could provide comfort day to night.
katrinebowden

Postby stefanielynn » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:50 pm

I use cotton sports bras for the first couple of weeks weeks and for sleeping. They provide some support and lots of flexibility while my breasts grow and shrink. After that, I like the bras from Target. Not sure what brand they are, but they are slightly padded so cover up nipples and nursing pads nicely. I am small, though, a small A when not pregnant or nursing and a B after the girls regulate.
Me: 30
DH: 30
DS: 8/9/06
DD: 3/27/11
DS2: 10/14/13
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby litmajor » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:25 am

stefanielynn wrote: they are slightly padded so cover up nipples and nursing pads nicely.

That's what I didn't like about nursing tanks- even with nursing pads, nipples are still kind of out there. Finally figured out two weeks ago that the cups that fell out of my swimsuit in the wash go in nursing tanks perfectly. Kind of off topic, but wanted to share for anyone with that issue.
litmajor
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KJ511 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:21 am

litmajor wrote:
stefanielynn wrote: they are slightly padded so cover up nipples and nursing pads nicely.

That's what I didn't like about nursing tanks- even with nursing pads, nipples are still kind of out there. Finally figured out two weeks ago that the cups that fell out of my swimsuit in the wash go in nursing tanks perfectly. Kind of off topic, but wanted to share for anyone with that issue.

What a great idea!!!
Me (Kelli)-28
DH-31

The Zebra family! :)
KJ511
Addicted
Addicted

Postby BeccaM » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:29 am

I actually love my bras from Target. The brand is Gilligan O Malley. They are not too thin but not padded and they are supportive and comfortable. I also like that they come in a tan color so that they don't show through all my light colored clothes... I don't have huge breasts though--I am a 38 D when nursing. I had some old ones from Target, different brand, with my 1st baby a few years ago and didn't love them. they seemed cheaper and didn't provide much support.
Isaiah, born Nov 14th, 2010, @ 39 weeks, 2 days. 8 lbs 2 oz. All natural hospital delivery.
Simon, born Mar 23rd, 2013 @ 39 weeks, 3 days. 8 lbs 4 oz. Our first home birth!!

BeccaM
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby katrinebowden » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:11 pm

There are lots of hosiery and maternity bra available online at an economical rate, you don't have to go around for shopping at the shop at this time of period.
katrinebowden

Postby tdarrow » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:49 am

I have tried several really expensive bras and but my most favorite that I bought 3 of is one from Walmart. It was about $14. Not sure of the name but it is a nude color and has just a little bit of lace trim. It has soft cups and no underwire. I had a hard time finding nursing bras since I have implants and my breast are normally really full without nursing. So trying to find a good bra that fit all the way around the girls was difficult until i found this bra at Walmart. It also conceals my nursing pads pretty good too. Anyway, this is just my 2 cents worth. Congratulations and God Bless!!
tdarrow
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Elisabeth88 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi moms
I'm so glad to find this thread. I just had the exact same issue. I have tried several nursing bras but I wasn’t in love with them. We ladies with larger chests face a struggle because nursing bras aren’t the most common products on the market. Luckily, my friend recommended an amazing site where I found this useful article. There I found “Goddess Keira Nursing Bra”, comfortable, affordable, and cute nursing bra and I am very happy with it.
Elisabeth88

Postby Katy66 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:30 am

I alternate breastfeeding and bottle feeding and I found an amazing thing! A smart-warming baby bottle http://faitron.com/babyboo/ I had no idea, that such thing is exist. It's very comfortable to warm milk and it's really smart))) Because it warms milk to the exactly needed temperature. I very recomend this. You will be inlove!)))
Katy66

Return to Breastfeeding