OT but...

A *supportive* forum for mommies who are breastfeeding :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, saraspi

OT but...

Postby jessm » Fri May 25, 2012 8:20 am

I'm REALLY mad at my MIL. Still, 2 days after the incident. She watches DS 1 day a week (Wednesdays) while I am at work. He recently has decided he wants more BM in his bottle than the 4 oz. I told her that he's been hungrier when I was leaving. I called at 10 to check on him (I usually call around when I pump). No answer. I called again around 10:40. No answer. So I'm FREAKING out. She's 67 who knows what could happen. Finally at 10:45 she calls me and Declan is SCREAMING in the background. Like, I've never heard him cry like that. She insisted he had gas. Dec is not a gassy baby. He's never had issues with it at all. She wanted to know where my mylicon was and got all upset when I told her I didn't have any, because that stuff might as well be water. I asked if she had fed him more in his bottle. She said he had had his 4 oz she didn't think he's hungry. :roll: So I tried to tell her he probably wanted more in his bottle. She kept asking about the mylicon! Finally I told her she could give him gripe water, and explained to her how to give him the 5 ml of it. She proceeded to argue with me that that was too much! Really lady? Then when I got frustrated she told ME not to get frustrated with her. Uhm seriously? You let my baby cry for 45 minutes and didn't call me because "you could handle it and you didn't think anything was wrong". HELLO! Let me decide when something is wrong with my baby. Finally she agreed to give him an extra 2 oz and he was happy. So he was freaking out because he was hungry, like I thought. If she had called me 10 minutes in, my baby wouldn't have cried, hungry, for 45 plus minutes. I was so mad. I still am. I started crying when I got off the phone with her. When I got home I told her the cut off for crying was 10 minutes. She argued with me about it! She said she doesn't want me to worry. I told her if I think she's not going to call me when he cries like that that I'm going to just sit at work worrying all day. She made a face (the face she always makes when she doesn't like something) but finally agreed to call me. Seriously, I am so peeved. I had to vent, again, even though I already vented to my DDC.
BFP 5/4/11 at 10 DPO with our first!
8/2/11 it's a BOY!!!
BFP 12/20/13 at 10 DPO with baby 2!
3/19/14 it's a GIRL!!!

jessm

Postby LaraE » Fri May 25, 2012 10:29 am

omg that would piss me off so bad! especially the part where she was actually arguing with you about it! just listen and do what i say! I'm the Mom!

ugh how frustrating. Im actually pissed off for you just reading that.

Why wouldn't it occur to her that her was hungry if he was crying? SO STRANGE.
Lara (42) + Chris (30)
LaraE
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jessm » Fri May 25, 2012 12:15 pm

THANK you!
8/2/11 it's a BOY!!!
3/19/14 it's a GIRL!!!

jessm

Postby charlotteb » Fri May 25, 2012 4:10 pm

Agreed - reading that just made ME mad! Seriously?!? My MIL used to be like that (and still is sometimes), but DH and I finally had to get ugly with her. She still drives us insane sometimes, but at least she's back off enough that she's not trying to tell me how to raise my children. Seriously though, so sorry she is so difficult! Feel free to vent anytime!
Me (Charlotte): 28
DH: 33
DS1: 3
DS2: Brand new!
Image 8/2010 1/2011 Chemical 4/2011

charlotteb
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby fodla » Sat May 26, 2012 7:33 am

I would have a talk with her later about following your instructions.
I'm Emma!

DD Jessie, 08/12/11
Current LO EDD 01/03/16
fodla
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jessm » Tue May 29, 2012 6:53 am

I seriously don't understand why she didn't just feed him. It pisses me off so much. I'm considering taking tomorrow (her day to watch him) off to get a break from her.
8/2/11 it's a BOY!!!
3/19/14 it's a GIRL!!!

jessm

Return to Breastfeeding