Best BF in public story EVER.....

A *supportive* forum for mommies who are breastfeeding :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, saraspi

Best BF in public story EVER.....

Postby thirdtimesacharm » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:57 am

Thought of this story today and had to share....

Years and years ago when I had my first daughter, I was like 21 years old and had a part time night job as a bartender in my mom's restaurant.

Each night I'd take a break to go out and pump in my car as there was no great place to pump in the building. One night as I'm pumping I see a police car drive by; ok, no big deal. Five minutes later I see him drive back by the other direction. Not that unusual, it was a Friday night and they kept a close eye on us. The local police force knew all of us, and we knew them. They were protective of us and would drive by to make sure everything was good.

So about 2 minutes later, just as I'm finished pumping and sealing the bags of milk........

OUT OF THE BLUE there is pounding on my window, a light bright enough to light up a football stadium in my eye and a new rookie cop screaming "show me your hands"!!

I'm still holding the bags of milk so I hold up my hands like I'm told and he screams at me to roll down the window. When I roll it down he demands to know what I am doing. I say....

"I'm a breastfeeding mom with a baby at home so I'm pumping my milk to take home to my baby."

This poor guy looked like he wanted to cry. He just kept saying, "I'm so sorry miss. I'm really, really sorry. I didn't see anything. I'm so sorry" as he backed away from my car.

When I went back into the restaurant I told the girls that I didn't think he would EVER check up on anyone in our parking lot again. I think I scarred him for life!!

Embarrassing at the time, but what a funny memory now!!

Hope all you BF moms needed a laugh today.

thirdtimesacharm
Angel
Angel

Postby jessm » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:01 pm

Haha I have a similiar story if you don't mind my sharing on here!

My son was 8 weeks old and I was out at a Carter's outlet to get him some clothes for an upcoming trip. He had a little freak out and we still had more stores to go to, so I took him to my car to nurse him. It was dark out. I'm nursing him and all the sudden I hear a tap tap tap on my window with a flashlight. I look over, and there is a cop! I roll down my window and he says someone reported my license plate number as a woman exposing herself outside of the children's store! We had a good laugh about it.
BFP 5/4/11 at 10 DPO with our first!
8/2/11 it's a BOY!!!
BFP 12/20/13 at 10 DPO with baby 2!
3/19/14 it's a GIRL!!!

jessm

Postby thirdtimesacharm » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:50 am

Oh my gosh that is so funny!!! Exposing yourself! HA!! Too funny. I love it.

thirdtimesacharm
Angel
Angel

Postby BeccaM » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:55 am

Funny stories! :lol:
Isaiah, born Nov 14th, 2010, @ 39 weeks, 2 days. 8 lbs 2 oz. All natural hospital delivery.
Simon, born Mar 23rd, 2013 @ 39 weeks, 3 days. 8 lbs 4 oz. Our first home birth!!

BeccaM
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Breastfeeding