sleep

A *supportive* forum for mommies who are breastfeeding :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, saraspi

Postby jessm » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:25 am

Yeah I mean he won't even settle down without nursing. And its so much easier to pop him on the boob to get him to calm down. I may be kicking myself by doing that but...when you're so tired, what else can you do!?
BFP 5/4/11 at 10 DPO with our first!
8/2/11 it's a BOY!!!
BFP 12/20/13 at 10 DPO with baby 2!
3/19/14 it's a GIRL!!!

jessm

Postby kc12345 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:03 am

Jess- Oh yeah, I totally understand the boob in mouth. Sometimes it's so much easier just to do a quick feed and they're out then to deal with the crying. I think the crying is something you have to say, ok, here are 3 nights when DH and I can do it, deal with the exhaustion the next few days and then it'll be over with. Its really hard, in the moment you just want to nurse, I get it!!! Totally have to be comfortable and ready for it. When I get back home after this summer at my parent's we're going to eliminate DS's nighttime feeds, not looking forward to it!!!
kc12345
Angel
Angel

Postby LaraE » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:12 am

jessm wrote:Yeah I mean he won't even settle down without nursing. And its so much easier to pop him on the boob to get him to calm down. I may be kicking myself by doing that but...when you're so tired, what else can you do!?

Totally know what you mean. And theres no rule that says you cant continue to nurse when he wakes at night.
Lara (42) + Chris (30)
LaraE
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to Breastfeeding