For those who got pregnant while nursing (?)

A *supportive* forum for mommies who are breastfeeding :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, saraspi

For those who got pregnant while nursing (?)

Postby wonderwoman » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:23 am

Did you have symptoms of ovualtion, or did it just happen out of nowhere?

Had you had a pp AF first? How many?
wonderwoman
Friend

Re: For those who got pregnant while nursing (?)

Postby specialkel » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:55 pm

I got pregnant while nursing on my 3rd PP cycle. I had no O symptoms at all the first 2 cycles, and really no CM whatsoever. On my 3rd cycle I suddenly went from totally dry to copious EWCM... of course, this was the day after we DTD. We weren't TTC but didn't use protection because it was really late in my cycle and I assumed I must have already o'd, if I was going to at all. It was the single time we DTD in about 3 months, so talk about meant to be... DD2 joined us 9 months later. :) So the sudden appearance of EWCM on the day I ovulated (presumably) was my only O symptom. I was still nursing DD1 about 6x/day at this point but she had nightweaned.
Me: 30
DH: 36
DD1: 4/26/10
DD2: 12/10/11
DS: 11/8/14
specialkel
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: For those who got pregnant while nursing (?)

Postby Canjer » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:48 pm

I got pregnant while EBFing.
AF returned 1.5 months PP. I got pregnant when I was 6 months PP. I had started charting and using OPK's 2.5 months PP. I had positive OPK's 3 months PP and that was a crazy cycle with 2 AFs and a lot of symptoms (but no signs of fertile CM) so it's hard to say if I had ovulation pains or the AF or my body just getting back to normal. Then I had annovulatory cycles again until 5/6 months PP. Then the cycle I got pregnant, I had crazy ovulation pains and crazy CM and crazy blazing OPKs

hope that helps!
Mama to 2 and cheering on my "MM mommies"
Canjer
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Breastfeeding