BFing the 2nd time around?

A *supportive* forum for mommies who are breastfeeding :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, saraspi

BFing the 2nd time around?

Postby PiscesPassion » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:08 pm

Hi Ladies -

I really want to be successful in BFing the next baby coming next year!! With DS my milk never came in and I had NO support and being a first time mom, I didnt' push the issue. THIS time around is a different story.. I know what to expect and I'm going to do everything in my power to BF successfully this time around.

I'm just scared my milk won't come in again.... I had a c-sec with DS but I really want to try a VBAC with this baby. I read somewhere that PCOS can also affect your milk production as well. To this day I still have no clue why my milk never came in but I hope that doesn't happen with the next one b/c I REALLY want to succeed at it :mrgreen:
Jennifer (33) Michael (35)
Michael William born 9-5-08 after 3 years TTC
Kylie Elizabeth due on 6-27-13 after 15 months TTC

ImageImage

PiscesPassion
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: BFing the 2nd time around?

Postby AshyJade » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:23 pm

I had trouble with my milk supply for my first and basically did the same as you and didnt push for the whole breast feeding! But now that I have experienced both bottle feeding and breast feeding i also want to really try harder this time to BF! When I went to my Child Health Nurse she told me thats theres medications natural/prescription that you can get that helps your milk supply. Im not sure exactly what they are called but this time around if i have trouble with milk im definitly going to find out and get some!!! It apparently really helps with milk production

:sticky: Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light :sticky:
AshyJade

Postby KJ511 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:28 am

First of all, congratulations on LO #2! Crazy to think there are babies due next June already--that seems so far away! I hope your pregnancy goes very well and that you and your family are happy and healthy throughout!

So glad you are going to do your very best to BF! I will be praying first of all that you get your VBAC, and second that you have a wonderful supply of milk for your LO! Are you going to give birth in a hospital? If so, hopefully they have a lactation consultant on staff who can come talk with you and help you get started. I found that to be very helpful in my first few days of BFing! Keep us posted on how things go throughout your pregnancy and we will be looking forward to hearing how wonderfully BFing goes for you!!!
Me (Kelli)-28
DH-31

The Zebra family! :)
KJ511
Addicted
Addicted

Postby jessm » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:59 pm

I've heard that milk comes in easier the second time around. I hope it works for you :)
BFP 5/4/11 at 10 DPO with our first!
8/2/11 it's a BOY!!!
BFP 12/20/13 at 10 DPO with baby 2!
3/19/14 it's a GIRL!!!

jessm

Return to Breastfeeding