Pregnant and nursing feels weird :(

A *supportive* forum for mommies who are breastfeeding :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, saraspi

Pregnant and nursing feels weird :(

Postby nikki_121703 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:28 am

My nipples have gotten extremely sensitive due to be pregnant and nursing my 15 month old now feels really awkward. I literally find myself gritting my teeth while he nurses because I can't stand the way it feels anymore. It's not painful but just really weird feeling. I'm now trying to wean him because of it and I really wanted to let him self wean. Is this normal? Will it go away? I feel awful for my baby :-(
Me 27 Dh 32 Dd 7 Ds born 8/2/11

Image<div>www.hyenacart.com/SugarSugars</div><div>Seriously Sweet Fluff for mom and baby</div>
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
nikki_121703
Addicted
Addicted

Re: Pregnant and nursing feels weird :(

Postby Charissa » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:50 pm

I am about 5 weeks pregnant and nursing my 2 1/2 year old 6-8 times per day. I totally empathize with you! My nipples have been REALLY sore for the past week. When she latches on, it hurts like crazy and then subsides somewhat. Some of my friends who have nursed while pregnant say that they either persevered through the discomfort, or it got better eventually, or the baby/toddler started nursing less by their own choice once the milk supply dwindled in the second trimester. I think my nipple pain is already not quite as bad; I hope it gets even better! I really want to stick it out as long as possible because my daughter is so very attached to nursing still, and I know she is still getting wonderful health benefits from my milk. But my sincere sympathy to you!
Charissa

Postby nikki_121703 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:56 pm

I wish it was pain when he nurses instead of this! It's like a tickling feeling and it just feels creepy :-/

Image<div>www.hyenacart.com/SugarSugars</div><div>Seriously Sweet Fluff for mom and baby</div>
nikki_121703
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Charissa » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Ewww, yeah. lol I have heard friends describe that creepy feeling, and it does not sound fun. One of my friends said it made her want to scream and tear her hair. lol
Charissa

Postby nikki_121703 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:10 pm

Exactly!!!!! Sometimes I absolutely can't tolerate it even for a few minutes! I feel just awful for it but what can I do? I'd rather deal the pain of cracked bleeding nipples than whatever this is. I googled and and found a blog post about something similar but she wasn't pregnant....she said she was getting sexual sensations when he baby nursed....gross gross gross.

nikki_121703
Addicted
Addicted

Postby 27jillfinallypreggo » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:27 pm

I felt similar when i was pg with ds and nursing dd. I made it to 8 weeks and was so tired felt weird to nurse and i stopped. dd didn't notice, I felt awful. With DS being my last I want to nurse a while longer but we will see what happens:)
me-31, DH-31, 18 months TTC #1
Chemcial Pregnancy April 2008
IVF #1--bfp, 6dp5dt.
Jada Lauren 9/25/09
Breastfeed for 16 1/2 months.
1/18/2011--SUPRISE Bfp! (on my second PP cycle)
William Michael 9/22/11
27jillfinallypreggo
Angel
Angel

Postby nikki_121703 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:09 pm

My son has noticed :-( he hits me in the face and pulls my hair when I won't let him nurse :( he's never taken a bottle at all and he'll only drink from a straw cup so there's nothing for him to suck on but me!! I hate this. This pregnancy was a big surprise for us and I was already having guilt for not allowing ds to be the baby longer and now I really feel guilty that the pregnancy is causing this forced weaning. It's not fair to him but I literally want to pull my hair out when he nurses!

nikki_121703
Addicted
Addicted

Return to Breastfeeding