How do I stop????

A *supportive* forum for mommies who are breastfeeding :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, saraspi

How do I stop????

Postby amyshorty » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:33 am

I am currently 14 weeks pregnant with baby #3. #2 who is 2 1/2 years old is still nursing sometimes. I know that I don't really have any milk left. Maybe a drop or 2 in each breast. He even tells me sometimes "mommy the baby took all your milk," or "it's all gone mommy." I have no desire to continue nursing him and really don't want to tandem nurse him and the new baby. Do any of you have any good suggestions on how to make him understand that he needs to stop or to just get him to stop without being really distressing to him. He only nurses from 3-7 times a week, but when he gets it in his head that he wants to it's really hard to make him forget about it.
Thanks so much :D
Amy
Amy 29, DH 32
Son #1 March 2007
Son #2 May 2010
#3 due June 8, 2013
amyshorty
Friend

Re: How do I stop????

Postby victoria_1024 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:13 pm

Maybe find him a new special thing... a special blanket or stuffed animal or something that could be a comfort to him and when he wants to nurse give him that instead? And maybe include some cuddling or singing him a song so he still gets that mommy bonding time. My son was only 20 months when I weaned him (because my daughter was due in a couple months and I didn't want to tandem nurse) so he couldn't really argue with me, but he definitely fussed when it was our nursing time and I didn't nurse him. I just tried to find a new routine for us, with lots of cuddles and singing songs. He really only fussed for the first couple days and then he did just fine. My daughter self-weaned, which was easier in some ways but harder in other because I wasn't ready to be done yet!
victoria_1024
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Breastfeeding