to rent or buy????

A *supportive* forum for mommies who are breastfeeding :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, saraspi

to rent or buy????

Postby jennellis » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:10 pm

My third baby is due in May. I rented with the first two and this is probably my last baby. I rented because I like the hospital grade pump and there were way to expensive, but with my second I rented for 15 months which really added up. So what pump do you all think is comparable to the hospital grade pumps?
jennellis
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: to rent or buy????

Postby KJ511 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:19 am

I'm sorry I don't have any experience with hospital grade but I wanted to give my two cents. I really like my Medela Pump in Style--as much as you can like a pump, that is! ;) My SIL EPs for her twins and has the same pump and it works well for her. They recommended hospital grade but she and her DH decided to try the cheaper option. So I hope that helps at least a bit!
Me (Kelli)-28
DH-31

The Zebra family! :)
KJ511
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Nikkijames » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:25 pm

There is a new law requiring insurance to provide breast pumps free of charge to new moms. I have aetna and I just have to call their supplier within 60 days of birth to get a medela PISA. you may want to consider that option if your insurance does not cover hospital grade rental (I know most do but that could be only for medical necessity like trying to bring in supply type situation). I also rented the symphony and while the output was amazing, he never once took a bottle and it was 90 bucks a month, lol.
Melissa, DH, Hunter 12 Julianna 11, Harley 5, Dylan 4, and Piper 2.
Due 9/14/2015 with our last addition

Nikkijames
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jessm » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:26 am

The new law only applies to new insurance policies, although many insurances are retroactively covering pumps even if you got your insurance policy before I think it was August? I would check with your insurance before buying anything. I have the Ameda Purely Yours Ultra and its served me well over a year of pumping.
BFP 5/4/11 at 10 DPO with our first!
8/2/11 it's a BOY!!!
BFP 12/20/13 at 10 DPO with baby 2!
3/19/14 it's a GIRL!!!

jessm

Postby jennellis » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:40 am

thanks ladies. I rented to syphony both other times and loved the pump but like I said 65$ a month adds up after over a year.
jennellis
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Breastfeeding