exclusive pumping

A *supportive* forum for mommies who are breastfeeding :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, saraspi

Re: exclusive pumping

Postby Jacana28 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:36 am

oh and BabyCenter.com has a wonderful exclusive pumping board with lots of support! I've learned so much from there and the ladies are great. Here is the link: http://community.babycenter.com/groups/ ... ve_pumpers
Julia

DD: 9/27/11~ 26.2 week preemie
78 days in the NICU
Exclusive Pumper---Platinum!

DS: 3/16/15- 39.1 week termie

Jacana28
Star Member
Star Member

Postby HawkeyeGirl18 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:49 pm

I've also been EPing for almost 12 months now. I had horrible supply issues the first couple of weeks and tried to feed at the breast, but it just didn't work. I started EPing and built up a great supply. Today, I have around 2,500 ounces in my freezer, so I've gradually been cutting back. I pump 10 minutes first thing in the morning and at bedtime for a total of about 17 ounces. DS takes more milk than that each day, so the rest comes from the freezer. At first, I hoped I could at least make it to six months. After I hit that goal, it had become such an easy routine that I just kept going until I was ready to quit. EPing is definitely possible!
Me: 28 DH: 30
My blog: http://ttcwithpcosrpl.blogspot.com
8w3d :angel: 5w0d :angel: 4w3d :angel:
19w4d :angel: :angel: :angel: Triplets lost to IC 1/7/11: Cadyn (with us for for 20 minutes), Adalyn & Mikayla (born sleeping)

:hb: Our little miracle Mason arrived on February 22, 2012! :hb:

Expecting TWINS June 2014 after just one round of treatments! :shock:

HawkeyeGirl18
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby HawkeyeGirl18 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:52 pm

I forgot to add, this is the place where I found a TON of helpful information: http://www.ivillage.com/forums/pregnanc ... ly-pumping
19w4d :angel: :angel: :angel: Triplets lost to IC 1/7/11: Cadyn (with us for for 20 minutes), Adalyn & Mikayla (born sleeping)

HawkeyeGirl18
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mrsg2008 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:36 pm

Wow, way to go HawkeyeGirl18! What a dedicated mama! :)
Me & DH: 32
Married since 10/11/08
DD Lorelai Raye born 8/14/12
mrsg2008
Addicted
Addicted

Postby HawkeyeGirl18 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:04 pm

mrsg2008 wrote:Wow, way to go HawkeyeGirl18! What a dedicated mama! :)

Thanks! EPing wasn't exactly what I planned to do, but it worked :D

HawkeyeGirl18
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby h0ping » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:40 am

Thanks for the link - I will check it out....I didn't plan to EP either but I am over 5 months already and even though I have that feeling sometimes (usually when I'm tired) of oh I don't want to pump!!! I am happy that my little man is EBF even if we can't nurse!!! Congrats on making it 12 months!!! I hope to say the same thing.

In the beginning I could have really used some other EP mamas to talk to - where I am even the LC WIC office (when I called them for help / suggestions / etc) did NOT support EPing!!! But I read what I could on line and just did what I thought - now I wish I would have done a few things different but my LO has not had to have formula so even though I would have changed a few things at least I make enough each day to feed him exclusive.

Thanks again!!!

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby jennellis » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:22 am

I am not EPing now but I did for my DS#1. If I can help I will be glad too. It CAN be done! It is hard in the beginning and very time consuming but also rewarding. Let me know if you still have questions. Im no expert but I have been there so I can try to help. Also we started a sticky on here a long time ago that is still up not too many post on it but there is some good info there.
jennellis
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sprink » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:03 am

Hi there, I'm fairly new to all of this but will most likely be EP. My son is only 2 1/2 weeks old but we have had significant latching difficulties from day one. We had to supplement in the hospital because he wouldn't latch, and the latching issues have persisted (if not worsened) despite working with three LCs. I'm committed to providing him with as much breast milk as I can, and I've been pumping since the hospital. Ill also be going back to work in 9 weeks so would have been transitionng to pumping even if breastfeeding had gone smoothly. I'm now producing 20 oz a day but still can't quite keep up with my hungry guy! So we're still supplementing with 4-6 oz of formula per day, but I'm hoping to have enough supply to EP soon...
Sprink
Star Member
Star Member

Postby h0ping » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:08 am

Sprink: Hi! Congrats on your new LO!!! 20 ounces or so a day is great..you are still early and establishing supply..........I just wanted to hop and say welcome - I am still EPing and my LO is almost 7 months!! If you have any questions or want to talk feel free!!! (post here or message me.......)

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Previous

Return to Breastfeeding