Ameda purely yours breast pump

A *supportive* forum for mommies who are breastfeeding :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, saraspi

Ameda purely yours breast pump

Postby Greystreet » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:30 pm

This breast pump and a playtex one are the only ones my insurance company covers, I'm pretty sure based on reviews I have read so far that I am going with the Ameda, but I did want some insight from anyone on here who might have some experience with this brand. So far some reviews for it are pretty awful so I'm looking to what y'all think! Thank you!!!
Greystreet
Angel
Angel

Re: Ameda purely yours breast pump

Postby mrsg2008 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:48 pm

I don't have one, but I have heard great things about the Ameda Purely Yours. It's supposed to be equal to or better than the Medelas! I have a Medela myself, and it works great.

Hopefully someone who used an Ameda can provide you with more insight! :)
Me & DH: 32
Married since 10/11/08
DD Lorelai Raye born 8/14/12
mrsg2008
Addicted
Addicted

Postby jessm » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:32 am

I loved my Ameda. Used it over a year. Plus the customer service is great, they will even help you with general pumping questions. I packed it up a few weeks ago and will use it with the next baby.
BFP 5/4/11 at 10 DPO with our first!
8/2/11 it's a BOY!!!
BFP 12/20/13 at 10 DPO with baby 2!
3/19/14 it's a GIRL!!!

jessm

Postby Greystreet » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:56 am

Mrsg- I have heard the same thing that it's comparable but yet more affordable to the Medela, all of my friends have the medela so they were pretty bias about me getting that brand, but I'm taking what I can get covered!!

Jess-Thank you for your opinion! I am so new to all of this and it's reassuring to hear from someone on here that they liked theirs!!
Greystreet
Angel
Angel

Postby h0ping » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:07 am

I have the Ameda purely yours and LOVE it!!! I have been using it for about 4 1/2 months (rented a hospital grade pump before that) and I EP so I use mine A LOT!! And so far (knock on wood here) no problems!!! And I have the "backpack" one since I need to take it with me and I have to say its easy to travel with and use away from home.......

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Postby Greystreet » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:20 am

Oh thank you Sooo much for your input you ladies are really making me feel good about this pump!! One less thing to stress about!
Greystreet
Angel
Angel

Postby victoria_1024 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:45 pm

This is the pump I've been using. I pumped til my first son was 1 and until my daughter was 1 and now I've been pumping for the past couple months for my second son. I actually have 2 and alternate between them, one at work and one at home. It's been a great pump, no complaints from me!
victoria_1024
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Breastfeeding