New to breastfeeding...

A *supportive* forum for mommies who are breastfeeding :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, saraspi

New to breastfeeding...

Postby love4life » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:38 am

'I'm very new to bf'ing DVD could use all the help i can get. Tips, stories really anything. My son is 6 days old, i feel like everything is going well. Just need some support. Thank you
love4life
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: New to breastfeeding...

Postby tdarrow » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:44 am

Congrats on your lil one!!! Bfing is very rewarding and can be challenging at times. My advice is when you hit a bump in the road don't give up truck on through it. From my experience with Bfing my two boys that usually when you come to a rough spot it only last a few days and then it smooths out. So don't give up. Make sure you get a couple (at least) of good nursing bras. Lansinoh makes a really good nipple cream just in case you get sore nips. And from my recent experience, when my post partum AF showed up it altered my milk production a bit but it worked it self out over the course of a few days. Fenugreek herb helped with that. I found that if I take it a few days before AF shows I don't really notice that much difference in production. Also, wanted to add that if you go on BC pills make sure the doctor prescribes you progestron only pills. I'm sure that he would but just in case thought I would add that. Anyway, that is my 2 cents worth. Hope it helps. :-) Good luck, Congrats again and God Bless!!!
tdarrow
Angel
Angel

Postby love4life » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:13 pm

Thank you so much!! It means a lot to get such good advice!!
love4life
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby BeccaM » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:18 pm

You'll do awesome! Just educate yourself, ask questions from experienced people, and try to never give up. Remember that babies nurse A LOT the first 6 weeks or so. My perfectly healthy (and very large) second son, now 5 months old, sometimes nursed every 45 min- 1 hr in the evenings. It doesn't last very long, and it's a great way to build supply and have a healthy, chubby baby :-)
Isaiah, born Nov 14th, 2010, @ 39 weeks, 2 days. 8 lbs 2 oz. All natural hospital delivery.
Simon, born Mar 23rd, 2013 @ 39 weeks, 3 days. 8 lbs 4 oz. Our first home birth!!

BeccaM
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jessm » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:21 am

I could have sworn I replied to this! Oh well.

I've been breastfeeding my son for 20 months now. We're down to just 2x a day, sometimes more if he's in a bad mood. It was rough at first, but definitely got really easy after a few weeks.
BFP 5/4/11 at 10 DPO with our first!
8/2/11 it's a BOY!!!
BFP 12/20/13 at 10 DPO with baby 2!
3/19/14 it's a GIRL!!!

jessm

Return to Breastfeeding