Poop

A *supportive* forum for mommies who are breastfeeding :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, saraspi

Poop

Postby Greystreet » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:18 pm

So my baby is 11 weeks old and he is exclusively breastfed, he used to only poop every 3-4 days and for the last two days he has gone a total of about ten times , and half of those have been green! He isn't fussy, and he isn't lethargic he is acting normal but his poops definitely are not so I'm wondering if I should let this play out or should I call his pedi? I'm just wondering if this could be an illness, or is it something I ate? Sorry I'm a FTM and I don't want to all his pedi if it isn't a big deal :)
Greystreet
Angel
Angel

Re: Poop

Postby mrsg2008 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:13 am

Are you feeding off one side at a time or both sides at each feeding? If so, it could be that he's getting too much foremilk (the watery stuff). If you're not already, try block feeding, which is letting him eat off one side for a few feedings, then switching him to the other side the next few feedings.
Me & DH: 32
Married since 10/11/08
DD Lorelai Raye born 8/14/12
mrsg2008
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Greystreet » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:56 am

Good point, I started block feeding last night and it seemed to help, we have always done one side with me offering the second which he rarely takes , but he's been sleeping longer stretches at night and I've woken up engorged and had him eat from both and I think it messed up our routine and caused the imbalance, just a guess! who knew I would care about and google about poop so much! Thanks for the advice :)
Greystreet
Angel
Angel

Postby mrsg2008 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:44 pm

No problem! Ha, poop will never be the same to you again! :)
Me & DH: 32
Married since 10/11/08
DD Lorelai Raye born 8/14/12
mrsg2008
Addicted
Addicted

Return to Breastfeeding