Drugs??

A *supportive* forum for mommies who are breastfeeding :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, saraspi

Drugs??

Postby Emandbeau » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:36 pm

First, I want to commend all of you moms who work and pump...this shit is for the birds. It is so very hard so my hats off to you. Employers should allow babies to come to work until we decide to stop nursing.

Anywho, I have a swollen lymph node in my neck that my ENT perscribed me an antibiotic for. My question is, have any of you experienced a decrease in supply while taking and perscription meds??
Emandbeau
Friend

Re: Drugs??

Postby unaffected » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:49 am

Emandbeau wrote:First, I want to commend all of you moms who work and pump...this shit is for the birds. It is so very hard so my hats off to you. Employers should allow babies to come to work until we decide to stop nursing.

Anywho, I have a swollen lymph node in my neck that my ENT perscribed me an antibiotic for. My question is, have any of you experienced a decrease in supply while taking and perscription meds??

I took an antibiotic for mastitis about 5 months ago or so, and I did not notice a decrease in my supply! Hope the swollen lymphnode goes away soon.

And FWIW... I have actually come to somewhat enjoy pumping at work. I get to step away from my desk twice a day and sit in a room with no one else bugging me, or listening to idiots talk in my office. I either bring my phone and check up on FB, or bring my Kindle and read :) You are doing great, Em!!! <3
Me (Kara): 31 DH: 31 ♥
TTC#1 since 2007
:angel2: Jan 2012 - No hb at 9w1d - d&c (Turner Syndrome/Monosomy X)
FET#3 - BFP!
Henry Marshall arrived on January 9, 2013 (39w2d)
8lbs 5oz, 20"

My Blog
unaffected
Super moderator
Super moderator

Postby Emandbeau » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:02 pm

Thanks ma'am! I stopped taking the Rx on Saturday, it was giving me this awful metallic taste in my mouth and making me so lightheaded. My supply was so much better today. I called the DR. and he is just going to monitor me. High five to you. Can you pump for both of us and send some of that down here :) I have to pump in my office 4 times a day. Sometimes dh brings her here and I nurse her for lunch though, which is fun. He busted a bag and spilt another one the other day, I told him that was grounds for divorce. ha!
Emandbeau
Friend

Postby jessm » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:10 am

I realize I'm a little late, but I did have a supply dip when on antibiotics. As soon as I finished them it went back up though.
BFP 5/4/11 at 10 DPO with our first!
8/2/11 it's a BOY!!!
BFP 12/20/13 at 10 DPO with baby 2!
3/19/14 it's a GIRL!!!

jessm

Return to Breastfeeding