I think we are done

A *supportive* forum for mommies who are breastfeeding :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, saraspi

I think we are done

Postby litmajor » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:38 am

DD wanted to be held in position yesterday, but did not want to nurse. We were down to once every other morning. I'm kind of sad, but glad it was what she did and not a struggle for her. I was hoping to keep it up through the holidays, as we are moving then traveling to see family, so she has something familiar in all the change, but oh well.
litmajor
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: I think we are done

Postby mrsg2008 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:47 pm

You did a wonderful job, mama! Way to stick it out. Glad it wasn't a struggle or traumatic for your LO. :)
Me & DH: 32
Married since 10/11/08
DD Lorelai Raye born 8/14/12
mrsg2008
Addicted
Addicted

Postby HappyBaby » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:54 pm

Glad to hear that it wasn't drama filled! That would have been the pits. :( My son weaned last week. Nursed one night and just stopped. It's apparently harder on us than them. lol... It'll give you plenty of time to come up with new ways to snuggle together though. ;) *hug*

Congratulations on nursing that long and having a calm weaning process!
"No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside"
HappyBaby
Angel
Angel

Postby litmajor » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:14 am

Thanks ladies! And HappyBaby, you are so right, it is much rougher on us haha. The bonus is that DD has become more and more cuddly the more she weaned, so we get plenty of snuggles :D although she's been wanting to be held all day every day too, so we have used the Ergo I got for new baby (well both, but figure new baby will get the most use out of it) a few times.
litmajor
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jessm » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:27 am

I'm glad she weaned on her own for you!
BFP 5/4/11 at 10 DPO with our first!
8/2/11 it's a BOY!!!
BFP 12/20/13 at 10 DPO with baby 2!
3/19/14 it's a GIRL!!!

jessm

Return to Breastfeeding