How can i boost my supply?

A *supportive* forum for mommies who are breastfeeding :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, saraspi

How can i boost my supply?

Postby love4life » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:33 am

Hello my name is Kelly, and i have been EBF for the last 4 mos. I work around 4 days a week. But I'm not getting enough milk when I pump at work to keep up with my babies appetite. His daddy watches him while I'm working and i always take out two frozen bags of milk. Sometimes he needs more and i have barely any milk left in the freezer....what do i do??
love4life
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: How can i boost my supply?

Postby tdarrow » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:30 am

Hi,
I went throught the same thing a while back. I took fenugreek. I purchased it from GNC and I also drank Mother Milk Tea 3 times a day. It has a licorice taste but I added a little splenda and it was ok. I noticed a increase in my milk in about 24-36 hours. Also when I would pump I would try to pump about 5 extra minutes on both sides even after the milk flow stopped as long as it didn't hurt. I also added and extra pump session, even if it meant I only got an oz or so. Just kept stimulating them. I think that also helped. They are some other ladies on this board that are way more experienced with this than me so hopefully they will chime in with some tips/tricks for you. Don't give up. Keep your chin up and I'll be saying a prayer for you. God Bless!!
tdarrow
Angel
Angel

Re: How can i boost my supply?

Postby love4life » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:56 pm

Thank you so so much :))
love4life
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to Breastfeeding