First period after breastfeeding

A *supportive* forum for mommies who are breastfeeding :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, saraspi

First period after breastfeeding

Postby AllyLo » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:41 pm

I nursed my daughter until she weened herself at 11.5 months, which was about a month ago..I kept pumping for about another week and then switched her to whole milk. I ended up getting my first period since before I was pregnant on Jan 2nd, so it's been about a week now and it doesn't seem to be slowing down. I have no idea what a "normal" cycle is for me because I had always been on the pill and I had to take clomid to conceive my dd. Just wondering how anyone elses periods were after they stopped breastfeeding..I feel like theres no end in sight to my period just yet..could it be longer just because it's my first one in a long time?

A little backstory, about 2 months ago I tried taking fenugreek to increase my milk supply. I read that a side effect could be breakthrough bleeding. Up until that point I never spotted or had any bleeding at all. Well low and behold I had some breakthrough bleeding and spotting starting about a week into the fenugreek. I stopped taking it, but the bleeding continued just about everyday leading up to my period now...

Anyone been in the same situation??? Thanks for listening!!!
AllyLo

Re: First period after breastfeeding

Postby mrsg2008 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:35 pm

I just wanted to reach out and say that I got my first pp AF when my DD was about 11 months old, and we were still nursing at the time. My AF was BEYOND super heavy, but not overly long. Things will be out of whack while your hormones adjust. Hope it eases up and you get back to "normal" soon!
Me & DH: 32
Married since 10/11/08
DD Lorelai Raye born 8/14/12
mrsg2008
Addicted
Addicted

Return to Breastfeeding