Nipple phobia?

A *supportive* forum for mommies who are breastfeeding :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily, saraspi

Nipple phobia?

Postby KKsmom » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:46 pm

I'm on my 4th baby, but this is the first time I'm going to attempt breastfeeding. I have a problem with my nipples. I don't like them to be seen or touched at all. I'm worried this will pose a problem with breastfeeding, though I'm going to try super hard to make it work. It's funny because I don't care whose in the room gawking at my vag while I'm pushing a baby out...but I'm worried about people watching me try to breastfeed. Am I alone? I don't want anybody visiting in the hospital because I don't want them seeing my nipple or watching me try and potentially fail at breastfeeding. I have relatively flat nipples, so I just see myself failing. I'm trying to overcome this before baby gets here, but I don't know where to turn. I'm going to sign up for a lactation class but the next one is 2 weeks before I'm due and thus far, I've never made it to my due date. So I'm attempting to prepare myself as best I can in advance. Does anybody have experience with this? I've tried to talk to DH about it and he naturally thinks my "phobia" is irrational when comparing that to pushing a baby out. (Like, I'm even worried about nurses watching me try to breastfeed...I think it's the discomfort mixed with a fear of failure). Any advice to help me overcome this? TIA!
KKsmom
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Nipple phobia?

Postby tryingnumber3 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:19 am

There is usually a lactation nurse at the hospital who can help you. My friend had inverted nipples and had to use a nipple guard type of thing to allow her to breastfeed. I've always used a blanket to cover up, but now I am looking at getting a breastfeeding cover.
Me: Jessica 26
Dh: 27
DD1: 8
DD2: 6
DD3: 7/21/15 :babyg:
:angel: 6 weeks 10/19/14

tryingnumber3
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Nipple phobia?

Postby DaliaJesse » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:39 am

Try to take the help of a lactation nurse, she might help you to succeed with breastfeeding. Thank You!!
DaliaJesse
Friend

Return to Breastfeeding