Should we allow talents in the b/s/t sticky?

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Should we allow talents in the b/s/t sticky?

Yes, I think it should be allowed.
69%
No, I don't think it should be allowed.
31%

Total votes : 29

Postby blue-eden » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:42 pm

I like the barter system too. I much prefer trades etc to straight up sales.
Certified Lactation Educator and Breastfeeding Counselor
Mum to M, nursling 3-7-07 - 11-7-08 :hb: and Leo 4-13-09
blue-eden
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby **Tasha** » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:44 pm

oh my gosh Kelly, thats what I get for multitasking... :oops:

My other Kellie has Ryan. :oops: (and I was totally writing to her on a different website. :oops:. Im totally editing that)
ImageImage
Mommy to:
Kaiden: 06/22/07
Elizabeth: 08/19/2008

**Tasha**
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby montacki » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:47 pm

I think the problem might be when people already have a business and they promote their items in the sticky. I don't think that should be allowed. We usually already know who has a business here and we either buy from them directly in their store or we know that we can PM them if we want to. But I don't think I agree with making their business explicit in a sticky, since it might violate some of Elle's terms.
montacki
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kelly13 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:48 pm

it's ok, I thought it was funny. Kellie84 on here has a Ryan :D
Kelly13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sweetpea3 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:56 pm

if this is about my post on there i am totally sorry. i have no hard feelings but i do like to be confronted directly. i've been on here a long time (basically since the cd forum consisted of 5ish people) and you all know me pretty well. i went back, wondering if i started something, and reread the first post. I did not see the "business" thing there. I am really sorry. i did want to save a spot b/c I will have things that i no longer need in the future but just not right at this minute (not until sil decides if she is cding #3 or not). I went back and added that in...which i intended to in the first place but you all know how it is with 2 kids and posting. i deleted the other part for now. I only do customs by word of mouth as it is not my main "business" by any means. I prefer to keep my knitting for friends and myself.
sweetpea3
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dixiechicken » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:57 pm

montacki wrote:I think the problem might be when people already have a business and they promote their items in the sticky. I don't think that should be allowed. We usually already know who has a business here and we either buy from them directly in their store or we know that we can PM them if we want to. But I don't think I agree with making their business explicit in a sticky, since it might violate some of Elle's terms.

I agree with this as well. I wouldn't want to list anything I make as a trade. However, I wouldn't mind if I was in search of something and someone offered the item to me if I embroidered something for them instead of paying them. Does that make sense???? But I guess that goes back to negotiations through PMs. Have I completely contradicted myself in my two posts? I hope I'm making sense. I'm exhausted and need to go to bed! Bottom line, I think bartering for items is GREAT, but I don't think this needs to be a place where a business is OFFERING items as a trade. I think the seller should be the one to suggest a trade.

ETA: But then again, if you have something USED that you've made, I think you should be able to list that. How goodness! How does something so simple get so complicated? :oops: I definitely need to go to bed!
Jennifer(35) Curtis(34) Wade--5/22/07
"officially" diagnosed with CP 4/22/08
ImageImageImage
dixiechicken
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kelly13 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:05 pm

sweetpea3 wrote:if this is about my post on there i am totally sorry. i have no hard feelings but i do like to be confronted directly. i've been on here a long time (basically since the cd forum consisted of 5ish people) and you all know me pretty well. i went back, wondering if i started something, and reread the first post. I did not see the "business" thing there. I am really sorry. i did want to save a spot b/c I will have things that i no longer need in the future but just not right at this minute (not until sil decides if she is cding #3 or not). I went back and added that in...which i intended to in the first place but you all know how it is with 2 kids and posting. i deleted the other part for now. I only do customs by word of mouth as it is not my main "business" by any means. I prefer to keep my knitting for friends and myself.

No hard feelings anywhere! No confrontations are needed when I don't know if you're doing anything wrong yet, lol. It's ok that you save a spot, it's all good. :D No one is violating anything at the moment, it's fine! Your post, among others, just brought up something that we needed to decide on.
Kelly13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby **Tasha** » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:24 pm

Kelly!! Thats the Kellie I was writing to!! :lol:

And Venia totally said what I was trying to say (minus my cloudy head from sinus medicine. :oops:)
ImageImage
Mommy to:
Kaiden: 06/22/07
Elizabeth: 08/19/2008

**Tasha**
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jenna » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:00 pm

I'm torn...

I would totally be all over some of the longies that I have seen some of the ladies here make! Just look at dontletstart's siggie pic - who wouldn't fight for those longies when they are outgrown???

Sure, items might not be perfect, but that's a risk we take when buying off HC, or gm, anywhere else too.

I guess I'm hesitant because I don't want to exclude finished items that are made by ladies here if the 'services' part is voted down.
Jenna
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby blue-eden » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:20 pm

I think that would be ok though, and a different story. The woolies are ALREADY knit up, kwim? The buyer would know already what the longies look like.
Certified Lactation Educator and Breastfeeding Counselor
Mum to M, nursling 3-7-07 - 11-7-08 :hb: and Leo 4-13-09
blue-eden
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jenna » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:49 pm

Kelly's question includes both items made and services.

"Are people allowed to list things they've made or things they will make for the interested party?"

What am I voting on? I'm going on two hours of sleep, so I'll just reread this in the morning because it seems complicated. 8) nite!
Jenna
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tiffiegal » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:22 am

Hmmm....this one's a toughie!

I think that maybe if a knitter saw something they wanted and PM'd the mama to say "I can knit this for that." It would be fine.

At the same time, I do forget which people we have that are great knitters and sewers sometimes if it isn't in their siggy, so it's nice to have something to look to and go "Oh yeah...it was her that knitted those longies I liked!"

Sheesh! I can easily see being torn on this one! :wink:
*~Tiffany~*
Mommy to

Abigayle 4-26-01 via c-section
4 boogabeans in heaven
Henry 6-2-08 VBAC #1
Avaleigh 9-5-2009!!! VBAC #2

http://www.imstillhenry.blogspot.com

tiffiegal
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kelly13 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:02 am

Jenna wrote:Kelly's question includes both items made and services.

"Are people allowed to list things they've made or things they will make for the interested party?"

What am I voting on? I'm going on two hours of sleep, so I'll just reread this in the morning because it seems complicated. 8) nite!

I personally think outgrown products are a different story :dunno:
Kelly13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kelly13 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:21 am

Kelly13 wrote:
Jenna wrote:Kelly's question includes both items made and services.

I personally think outgrown products are a different story :dunno:

And for things already made, I was thinking of things they might have listed in a store, not things they made for the LO that were outgrown.

oops, I meant to edit, not quote myself. oh well.
Last edited by Kelly13 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kelly13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Diapering