Should we allow talents in the b/s/t sticky?

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Should we allow talents in the b/s/t sticky?

Yes, I think it should be allowed.
69%
No, I don't think it should be allowed.
31%

Total votes : 29

Postby sweetpea3 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:33 am

I trade stuff/services all the time on other sites and irl with people I know...not the "swapper" sites. You have the issue of quality with everything, not just handmade as one person's idea of euc might not be another's...so it's buyer beware to a degree with everything, right? I don't say this for my own personal gain b/c I will not be seeking the hot diapers that someone's kid has outgrown... just wanted to throw it out there. My opinion is that if someone wants to swap for services, let them, and if not, then don't accept a service for one of your items. I think it's good to list a service if you are really good at something applicable b/c otherwise who is to know to ask about that kind of a swap? not an advertisement, just a mention. if you are interested in that kind of a swap but aren't certain of their quality, ask for a million pics and some references. And if you're still unsure, then don't do it, or take the risk...that's what many of you do on hc anyway.
sweetpea3
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JakobsMomma » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:14 am

I voted yes and then changed my mind :lol: I'm not really sure now. I wouldn't want any terms violated as far advertising goes. I think anyone active on the board already knows who does what around here anyway. I know who sews, knits, etc. I don't know! :dunno:
JakobsMomma
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby **Tasha** » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:17 am

well, i think its pretty clear the majority wants it to be allowed!! :D
ImageImage
Mommy to:
Kaiden: 06/22/07
Elizabeth: 08/19/2008

**Tasha**
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JakobsMomma » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:42 am

We could just say "I make stuff" and leave it at that :lol:
JakobsMomma
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bookishmomma2 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:07 am

JakobsMomma wrote:We could just say "I make stuff" and leave it at that :lol:

:lol: I like that! :lol: Off to change my post. I was not trying to start a business or anything (believe me I don't have time for that!!!), I just don't have anything else to trade at the moment. :wink:
bookishmomma2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby **Tasha** » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:10 am

:lol:
ImageImage
Mommy to:
Kaiden: 06/22/07
Elizabeth: 08/19/2008

**Tasha**
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mamasita » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:20 am

i think if you are asking someone you don't know to make something for you there is a certain amount of understanding that it may not be perfect.....but that is the fun of having friends that do things that you yourself cannot....kwim....if you wanted to go to hyenacart and pay a lot for something you would but if you have a friend that can make the same beautiful things and charge you less or trade something for them then that makes it a whole lot nicer IMO.....and yes if you seek them out then it is not like they are "selling" something...I voted yes if you couldn't tell.... :lol:
Reece Maria born 6/26/2008
ImageImage

http://www.scentsy.com/htscents
mamasita
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Starshine » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:22 am

What if instead of listing what you can do in the IHA part, people just list what they want in they ISO... So instead of IHA " I can...", someone says ISO "someone who can..."? That way, whatever happens, it is off the board, not advertising, etc.
Starshine
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby blue-eden » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:28 pm

Jenna wrote:Kelly's question includes both items made and services.

"Are people allowed to list things they've made or things they will make for the interested party?"

What am I voting on? I'm going on two hours of sleep, so I'll just reread this in the morning because it seems complicated. 8) nite!

Oh I know the question, but just IMO I think the two are different. In one case, you already have seen the article. In the other, youre agreeing to trade your article for an unknown, unseen, as yet unmade article. ;)
Certified Lactation Educator and Breastfeeding Counselor
Mum to M, nursling 3-7-07 - 11-7-08 :hb: and Leo 4-13-09
blue-eden
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby blue-eden » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:31 pm

mamasita wrote:i think if you are asking someone you don't know to make something for you there is a certain amount of understanding that it may not be perfect.....but that is the fun of having friends that do things that you yourself cannot....kwim....if you wanted to go to hyenacart and pay a lot for something you would but if you have a friend that can make the same beautiful things and charge you less or trade something for them then that makes it a whole lot nicer IMO.....and yes if you seek them out then it is not like they are "selling" something...I voted yes if you couldn't tell.... :lol:

I agree,I like the fact that it's between friends. It's fun that way!

You can't really compare it to buying on HC though, since that's a legit business that you would pay through PP for. If the article doesn't meet a standard, the business gets negative feedback PUBLICALLY and you can possibly file through PP, kwim? You take less of a chance when buying through an established business.
Certified Lactation Educator and Breastfeeding Counselor
Mum to M, nursling 3-7-07 - 11-7-08 :hb: and Leo 4-13-09
blue-eden
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mamasita » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:45 pm

blue-eden wrote:
mamasita wrote:i think if you are asking someone you don't know to make something for you there is a certain amount of understanding that it may not be perfect.....but that is the fun of having friends that do things that you yourself cannot....kwim....if you wanted to go to hyenacart and pay a lot for something you would but if you have a friend that can make the same beautiful things and charge you less or trade something for them then that makes it a whole lot nicer IMO.....and yes if you seek them out then it is not like they are "selling" something...I voted yes if you couldn't tell.... :lol:

I agree,I like the fact that it's between friends. It's fun that way!

You can't really compare it to buying on HC though, since that's a legit business that you would pay through PP for. If the article doesn't meet a standard, the business gets negative feedback PUBLICALLY and you can possibly file through PP, kwim? You take less of a chance when buying through an established business.

this is true...i just meant that having a friend make it even if it is not totally perfect it makes it more special but a talented knitter can make the same quality as the stuff on hyenacart...kwim? you know the chance you are taking by not buying through a "legit" business....
Reece Maria born 6/26/2008
ImageImage

http://www.scentsy.com/htscents
mamasita
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to Cloth Diapering