Do kids grow out of sizes and back into them?

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Should I size up?

No, he'll fit into the mediums again.
17%
Yes, but he will fit into the mediums again soon.
50%
Yes, he's huge!
33%

Total votes : 6

Do kids grow out of sizes and back into them?

Postby bookishmomma2 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:28 am

AJ is unexpectedly growing out of his diapers!

His red GMD's are hardly snappi-able anymore

the M Thirsties are getting too tight around the legs and the rise is *almost* too short

we just moved up to the highest rise setting on all the OS pockets/AIO's to accomodate his thighs

the M BG AIO's are way to low-rise and tight on the thighs

he grew out of all the M flannel fitteds I made him already. :(

I am debating what to do...are the mediums going to fit him again as his legs slim out, or is it time to sell the M's and move up to L? I thought for sure he would be in the M size for a loooong time. He has huge chubby thighs which have already started to thin a bit since he has been crawling for two months, but his thighs are the reason things are not fitting--he was getting red welts at the top of his legs from the pockets being too tight there.

Luckily I have some Brown GMD's and a couple of large covers left over from DD so we moved into those and the OS pockets for the time being but I I'd love to hear your experiences to help me decide whether to go ahead and invest in some more sized fitteds and/or replace the sized AIO's we have.
Last edited by bookishmomma2 on Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
bookishmomma2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JakobsMomma » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:34 am

I'd say if the rise is too small then they won't fit again, but if it's thighs or waist you may get more wear out of them later. I don't have any first hand experience. Jake has turned out to be a chubby toddler so far. Although lately he's barely been eating and I can already see him thinning out a bit.
JakobsMomma
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bookishmomma2 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:22 pm

Thanks...I hope you're right about the rise because if that's the case I think he might get back into them.

No one wants to take my poll? :)
bookishmomma2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KBraden » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:43 pm

Yeah if it's the rise I have to say no. But Faith had chubby thighs and then she started to crawl they were still chubby but as she started walking and running she has thinned down. Now, her cds on the setting I have always used is too big. I have to take it in the tummy but make sure they are the same in the thighs. It's crazy.
Me-32 Dh-38 DS-13, DSS-12, DD-12, DD-10, DD-3, DD-2 DD-14 months 6 m/c
KBraden
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bookishmomma2 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:15 pm

Thanks for the input ladies. :) He's sleeping in a large Bummis SWW over a BSRB and a brown prefold. Funny combos these days while I figure out what to do. :lol:
bookishmomma2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Cloth Diapering