Opinion Bum Genius 3.0 vs. Happy Heiny's OS

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

If you have used them, which do you prefer?

Bum Genius 3.0
81%
Happy Heiny OS
No votes
Happy Heiny OS w/snaps
No votes
None of the above
19%

Total votes : 21

Opinion Bum Genius 3.0 vs. Happy Heiny's OS

Postby mom_of_boys » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:14 am

Hi there,

I went and saw a CD consultant over the weekend and it was so great to be able to touch and feel and see for myself all the diapers out there. She had them all in her garage set up like a store. Awesome. I'm still looking at the BG 3.0 most favorably, but I'm also curious about the Happy Heiny's One Size. Has anyone used them both to compare? I noticed the HH have a OS with snaps and BG3.0 do not. So far that's the only difference.
Mom _of_Boys

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

mom_of_boys
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kelly13 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:21 am

I don't have a HH with snaps. But with the velcro HH, BG wins hands down. I wish I had never bought any HH.
Kelly13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mom_of_boys » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:35 am

What was it about the HH, if you don't mind me asking?
Mom _of_Boys

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

mom_of_boys
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby manynums » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:43 am

Can't compare from experience, but I've seen them both up close and the BGOS look MUCH nicer. And, I can't imagine anyone not liking their BGOS. If you don't like microfiber, you can always stuff it with a prefold or natural insert.

Or, consider the Organic BG with snaps. They're lovely...
Breastfeeding, babywearing, cloth diapering WOHM. Married to my HS sweetheart & best friend. Proud mama to my two chicklets.

Image Image
manynums
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Kelly13 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:55 am

I should have put why :doh:

The aplix tabs on the HH on HUGE! They have laundry tabs (that you can fasten the aplix when washing so it doesn't stick to other diapers and create a diaper chain) but the aplix never stays fastened to them, so they get stuck on everything.

They are the only diaper I've ever had leak overnight.

The form of the diaper gets all out of whack. I'm not sure if you know what I mean, but it's like everything gets twisted and it doesn't lay flat.

They are OK diapers, but I don't think I'll ever buy one again, especially if I can get a BG or FB for the same price!

There are a few in the b/s/t forum at the top.

I really like my Haute Pockets. They are trim, and they have snaps!

They are supposedly coming out with a new style, but you can still get some here:

http://clothdiaperclearance.com/catalog ... tegory=452

They say some are seconds, but both of the ones I ordered were firsts.

The only thing I don't like about them are the inserts they come with. One of them is huge, and it's hard to stuff. But, the ones from here don't come with the inserts.

HTH!
Kelly13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LoneStar » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:51 am

Where'd you go? I'm in DFW too. :)

ETA: I voted for BGOS but I've never tried HHs. BGs have worked great for us so far (in my very limited experience)
Last edited by LoneStar on Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
LoneStar
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Quilter » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:52 am

Kelly13 wrote:I don't have a HH with snaps. But with the velcro HH, BG wins hands down. I wish I had never bought any HH.

Ditto, ditto, ditto....I wish I never bought my HH

To add to Kelly's review, the inserts stink. They don't absorb at all. When I did try to find the HH love I used the BGOS insert in the HH. I haven't used my HHs in over three mos. They are just laying in a draw unloved.
DD: 8 yrs
DS1: 5.5 yrs
DS2: 2.5 yrs ~ Diagnosed w/ eczema & food allergies: eggs, milk, soy,
peanuts, nuts, oats & the penicillin family.
DD2: born 5/19/09
http://hyenacart.com/QuiltersNappies
Quilter
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby beca » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:25 am

I just have to say that we bought almost all BGOS and we have never regretted it. We love these diapers and at almost 8 months they are showing very little wear.
Rebeca (38) DH (38)
started TTC #1: 10/06
chemical m/c: 11/06
m/c at 8weeks: 2/07
bfp: 10.24.07, Isabella born 7/06/08
ImageImage
beca
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Rebecca_Lori » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:25 am

I voted Bum Genius One Size!! Wins hands down! I have tried both aplix and snaps in HH's and I hated both! LOL The aplix gets ugly very quick on HH's and the tabs are HUGE! It used to cut into Ethans belly so bad :( I tried the snaps when they came out just to see if there was a difference..not really :? There are so many snaps its really annoying, and even when I did get it snapped, Ethan still had horrible wing droop! Its just crazy how poorly made these diapers are! I really wanted to love them too because they have cute colors and prints but i will never buy one again! Fuzzi Bunz have cute colors and prints too and even came out with One Size recently that I havent tried, but I have the sized oens and LOVE them! I would much rather go with Fuzzi Bunz, Haute Pockets or Bum Genius! :D
Rebecca[26] DH Damian [29]
Devin-9/19/01 7lbs15oz 21 in Ethan 12/27/07 7lbs 10z 20in
♥Emily Lauren 4-7-11 7lbs 20 inches long♥
ImageImage
Rebecca_Lori
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bookishmomma2 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:29 am

Kelly13 wrote:The aplix tabs on the HH on HUGE! They have laundry tabs (that you can fasten the aplix when washing so it doesn't stick to other diapers and create a diaper chain) but the aplix never stays fastened to them, so they get stuck on everything.

They are the only diaper I've ever had leak overnight.

The form of the diaper gets all out of whack. I'm not sure if you know what I mean, but it's like everything gets twisted and it doesn't lay flat.

They are OK diapers, but I don't think I'll ever buy one again, especially if I can get a BG or FB for the same price!

Took the words right out of my mouth. :) I voted bumgenius for sure.
bookishmomma2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mom_of_boys » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:34 am

Lonestar, I went to Babies Bottoms & More. They are in Farmers Branch off Valwood.

www.babiesbottomsandmore.com

They run their business out of their garage. She is very nice, helpful lady and was so great to me, one who is totally new to the concept, and gave me almost an hour of free hands-on advice. It was great. And they have a lot in stock too.

I looked at a BG 3.0 and it was priced at $17 or maybe $18 I beleive. But I know if you buy in bulk they will give you a price break.
Mom _of_Boys

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

mom_of_boys
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby emoprincesa » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:53 pm

I hate my HH. What a waste of money! The tabs are awful, the fleece pilled the first time I washed it and when I emailed the company, they blew me off telling me it was my fault the diaper pilled. Um, none of my other diapers pilled the first time I washed them! I will never buy from them again.
Amber (27) Mommy to Brayden ( 07.07.07 ) and Ava ( 09.09.08 )
emoprincesa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jenna » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:34 pm

emoprincesa wrote:I hate my HH. What a waste of money! The tabs are awful, the fleece pilled the first time I washed it and when I emailed the company, they blew me off telling me it was my fault the diaper pilled. Um, none of my other diapers pilled the first time I washed them! I will never buy from them again.

x2

I won't even put mine up for sale used because I don't want to give someone else a bad impression of cloth diapering.

As for BGOS :hb: :hb: :hb: of all the diapers we have owned, if I could only have one brand... I would pick them because they have so many uses (nap, bed time, outings)... but of course I don't have to pick just one so they are in my Top 2. 8)
Jenna
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mommaRNluvs7 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:35 pm

I have to agree with everyone else and I can't seem to give away my gently used HHs! :(

If you like snaps, the Haute Pockets are a nice choice. I have 3 and would say they were near equal to my BG *except* the snap ones don't go up as high in size and were getting quite tight on my toddler who just PLed at 30 lbs. I kept them for my son, but being 20 lbs at 5 months I am worried they won't last him too long.

I had to post though, and say that I found it very ironic that you mentioned the WAHM business from which I received my covers today! I had never ordered from them before, but they were the only ones who had Wonder Wraps. Super quick shipping, I am happy. :) cue It's a Small World music ;)
Mommy's baby boy is ONE!!!

My fav Christian parenting site is in my WWW!
mommaRNluvs7
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby LoneStar » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:07 am

mom_of_boys wrote:Lonestar, I went to Babies Bottoms & More. They are in Farmers Branch off Valwood.

www.babiesbottomsandmore.com

They run their business out of their garage. She is very nice, helpful lady and was so great to me, one who is totally new to the concept, and gave me almost an hour of free hands-on advice. It was great. And they have a lot in stock too.

I looked at a BG 3.0 and it was priced at $17 or maybe $18 I beleive. But I know if you buy in bulk they will give you a price break.

Ooh! That's exciting! Farmers Branch is a bit of a hike for me, but maybe I'll make a Saturday out of it someday. You should check out Peppermint in Richardson. They're more focused on slings and baby carriers, but they do have some CD stuff. Most of the girls who work there are CDers so it's fun to just go there and talk diapers with them. Plus, they have Mommy & Me yoga classes which I've been meaning to try out.
LoneStar
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to Cloth Diapering