Opinion Bum Genius 3.0 vs. Happy Heiny's OS

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

If you have used them, which do you prefer?

Bum Genius 3.0
81%
Happy Heiny OS
No votes
Happy Heiny OS w/snaps
No votes
None of the above
19%

Total votes : 21

Postby SaLT » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:35 am

I *hate* my HHOS!!! I have a Candy Pink I wanna trade for a HPOS or BGOS in a boy/GN color. I'm not sure how to explain this, but I think if there was sewing along the leg elastic, the fleece liner would turn in more instead of out & it might be better w/ wicking around the legs.

I voted "none of the above" b/c I DEFINITELY prefer HPOS w/ Aplix/Velcro. BG's are definitely great b/c they'll last the longest, but I like the thinner-seeming/less bulkiness of HPs. I think they may be a lil narrower between the legs and I think they come in quite a pretty range of colors. Also, I think the inserts absorb more b/c there's more mf than w/ the BGOS 3.0's inserts. My HPOS work over night for my 2.5 yo w/ a Hemp Babies: Little Weeds diaper doubler. ;o)
Me, 29 & DH, 31
DD, 5 & 3
DD, :angel: June 5 '08
DS, June 5th '09
Image Image
SaLT
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby emoprincesa » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:40 pm

SaLT wrote:I *hate* my HHOS!!! I have a Candy Pink I wanna trade for a HPOS or BGOS in a boy/GN color. I'm not sure how to explain this, but I think if there was sewing along the leg elastic, the fleece liner would turn in more instead of out & it might be better w/ wicking around the legs.

The stupid thing is...they try to make the fleece turn out. They say it in some descriptions. It's so dumb.
Amber (27) Mommy to Brayden ( 07.07.07 ) and Ava ( 09.09.08 )
emoprincesa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SaLT » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:46 pm

emoprincesa wrote:
SaLT wrote:I *hate* my HHOS!!! I have a Candy Pink I wanna trade for a HPOS or BGOS in a boy/GN color. I'm not sure how to explain this, but I think if there was sewing along the leg elastic, the fleece liner would turn in more instead of out & it might be better w/ wicking around the legs.

The stupid thing is...they try to make the fleece turn out. They say it in some descriptions. It's so dumb.

Hmm... Seems it's causing the wicking & that's the only thing I can think of about it that's different from other OS pockets. Maybe it wouldn't solve the problem to sew it? :dunno:
Me, 29 & DH, 31
DD, 5 & 3
DD, :angel: June 5 '08
DS, June 5th '09
Image Image
SaLT
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MistyS » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:47 pm

My problem with the BG os is that my almost 2 year old cannot use them. He's average for his wieght, 27 lbs and above average for height, around 36-37 ins. The BG velcro always rubs his poor little legs leaving horrible red marks. I've tried and tried putting them on different ways to see if it made a difference, and it does not. So I've gone back to my pre folds and wraps. I'm using the BG's on my 4 month old instead and don't have a problem. I'm just not sure why they rub ds. I was actually debating buying some hh's. So thanks for the topic! I'll stay away from them!

Misty
me ~ Misty ~ 33
DH ~ Jason ~ 36
married July 14, 2001

Angel Baby ~ July 6, 2004 (6 weeks)
DS ~ 3-29-07
DD ~ 9-29-08
DS ~ 1-4-12

MistyS
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mommaRNluvs7 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:33 pm

If the BGOS is rubbing him, you might want to try just one HHOS cause the rise is definitely higher and the velcro is different. I say try one cause I'd hate to see you be stuck with alot if you don't like them. You can find them used pretty cheap.

And hiya SaLT Image
Mommy's baby boy is ONE!!!

My fav Christian parenting site is in my WWW!
mommaRNluvs7
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to Cloth Diapering