Mama cloth

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

What do you prefer absorbency wise

Bamboo fleece
67%
Hemp
33%
Other
No votes

Total votes : 3

Mama cloth

Postby Blakes_Mummy » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:11 am

For those who use mama cloth & have a heavier than light flow with heavy at some stage throughout the "bleeding phase" (ewww sorry graphic) what do you find better as your core absorber?
Hemp or bamboo of other?

I've made a pocket pp/overnight one but need some more core abosorbent material for the insert so thought I'd ask for suggestions first.

Here's one of my first efforts (well that's not in the wash anyway).. It's obviously not perfect but it's a start...It's not snapped yet though but I want hot pink snaps.

BTW I'm using obv for the inner. SO SOFT!

Image Image

Blakes_Mummy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bookishmomma2 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:33 am

I didn't vote because I haven't used mine yet. :) I am interested in the replies, though. Yours look so pretty! The ones I made have cotton soakers. The next set will have bamboo or hemp fleece (fabric is on its way) so I am also curious what's best.

Hey if you have used yours with the OBV tops, do they stain? I have some OBV and want to use it for the tops, but I was wondering if I should dye it to disguise stains or if they would wash out ok.
bookishmomma2
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Blakes_Mummy » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:53 am

Yeah it stained a little.
I just put some lemon on it & sunned it & it came out.

I'd dye it - I'm going to with my next lot.

Blakes_Mummy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby blue-eden » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:11 am

Those look awesome sweetie!!
Can I ask what the entire construction is? Bottom, middle, top, etc?

I'm still fidding with mine. I dyed some obv green, and will attempt more sewing today.
Certified Lactation Educator and Breastfeeding Counselor
Mum to M, nursling 3-7-07 - 11-7-08 :hb: and Leo 4-13-09
blue-eden
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mamalynn » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:34 pm

i love it!
michelle 41, dh 44,
pj 5 diagnosed with down syndrome & av canal defect of the heart (repaired 2007)
PhotoEffects-635011925132850000 by milybr, on Flickr
Repeat losses & MTHFR
mamalynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Blakes_Mummy » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:28 pm

Well for the picture I stuffed with a washcloth but my "standard" is:

Outer: Cotton (going to use flannel or some kind of soft knit) but just using up my scrap bits of everything atm)
Inner: OBV

My inserts are made from (in the wash cause I haven't done heaps yet) several layers of bamboo fleece - I've made different amounts of layers for different days (ie/ lighter, medium, heavy & HOLY LORD LOOK OUT)

I want to make them with PUL but seeing as though they're pockets I'm not sure whether to put it after the last layer of the insert (on the actual insert) for heavy days only or on the inside attached to the wings for the pocket.. Hmm will have to sit on that & think. Probably will end up going with on the insert.

Blakes_Mummy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Cloth Diapering