How do you say it?

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

How to say ECOver

like it is spelled, ECO-ver
5
14%
EEE- cover
29
83%
other
1
3%
 
Total votes : 35

How do you say it?

Postby iheartamerica » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:15 am

So Tim and I have been having a discussion about the correct way to pronounce the ecologically friendly fabric softener most of us use:

ECOver. :rofl:

How do y'all say it?
SAHMama to Jack-Jack (7/30/08 )
Image
User avatar
iheartamerica
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:00 am

Postby Ahavati » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:24 am

:lol:
Cassandra - Mama to Anthony, Ephram, Avalea, Chaiya, Elijah and Samuel

Active DVT at 11 weeks 9/2013
User avatar
Ahavati
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 5006
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby iheartamerica » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:26 am

;)
SAHMama to Jack-Jack (7/30/08 )
Image
User avatar
iheartamerica
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:00 am

Postby KatieJo3 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:27 am

:lol:

I call it E-cover
User avatar
KatieJo3
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 5925
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:00 am

Postby iheartamerica » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:28 am

boo! :evil:
SAHMama to Jack-Jack (7/30/08 )
Image
User avatar
iheartamerica
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:00 am

Postby manynums » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:48 am

KatieJo3 wrote::lol:

I call it E-cover


me too...although i think YOU are right, keri. i think neah posted about this a while back.
Breastfeeding, babywearing, cloth diapering WOHM. Married to my HS sweetheart & best friend. Proud mama to my two chicklets.

Image Image
User avatar
manynums
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 4076
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:00 am

Postby iheartamerica » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:59 am

oh really? I missed it!

The reason I pronounce it that way is because I think of it like, "ECOlogical" and "VERsion"

But I'm obviously losing this debate. :x
SAHMama to Jack-Jack (7/30/08 )
Image
User avatar
iheartamerica
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:00 am

Postby **Tasha** » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:00 pm

:lol:

I dont count though. I'm CUUUUNtry.
ImageImage
Mommy to:
Kaiden: 06/22/07
Elizabeth: 08/19/2008

Image
**Tasha**
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 8754
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Florida

Postby mpwife » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:01 pm

I'm from Alabama, so you know we have to drag that E out. :wink:
mpwife
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 2154
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:00 am

Postby iheartamerica » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:02 pm

Okay, so I called them. :oops:

She said it is "ECO-vair"

Her exact words were "like, ECO for ecological and VAIR for the Latin "verde" for green"

So I guess we all lose.

But when she said it in coversation, it sounded like "ECO-ver" :rofl: At least, that is what the speech pathologist in me would have transcribed it as. :lol:
SAHMama to Jack-Jack (7/30/08 )
Image
User avatar
iheartamerica
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:00 am

Postby tiffiegal » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:05 pm

**Tasha** wrote::lol:

I dont count though. I'm CUUUUNtry.


Same here!! :rofl:
*~Tiffany~*
Mommy to

Abigayle 4-26-01 via c-section
4 boogabeans in heaven
Henry 6-2-08 VBAC #1
Avaleigh 9-5-2009!!! VBAC #2

http://www.imstillhenry.blogspot.com

Image
User avatar
tiffiegal
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 6027
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Charleston, SC

Postby manynums » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:08 pm

iheartamerica wrote:Okay, so I called them. :oops:

She said it is "ECO-vair"

Her exact words were "like, ECO for ecological and VAIR for the Latin "verde" for green"

So I guess we all lose.

But when she said it in coversation, it sounded like "ECO-ver" :rofl: At least, that is what the speech pathologist in me would have transcribed it as. :lol:


That was another....useless fact! (It's an animaniacs thing...you wouldn't understand if you haven't seen the show.)
Breastfeeding, babywearing, cloth diapering WOHM. Married to my HS sweetheart & best friend. Proud mama to my two chicklets.

Image Image
User avatar
manynums
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 4076
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:00 am

Postby iheartamerica » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:11 pm

wheel of morality turn, turn, turn, tell us the lesson that we should learn...
SAHMama to Jack-Jack (7/30/08 )
Image
User avatar
iheartamerica
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 1596
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:00 am

Postby mpwife » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:18 pm

manynums wrote:
iheartamerica wrote:Okay, so I called them. :oops:

She said it is "ECO-vair"

Her exact words were "like, ECO for ecological and VAIR for the Latin "verde" for green"

So I guess we all lose.

But when she said it in coversation, it sounded like "ECO-ver" :rofl: At least, that is what the speech pathologist in me would have transcribed it as. :lol:


That was another....useless fact! (It's an animaniacs thing...you wouldn't understand if you haven't seen the show.)


:rofl: DH says that ALL. THE. TIME. when my BIL says something dumb. "And that was another . . . useless fact." :lol:
mpwife
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 2154
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:00 am

Postby manynums » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:22 pm

iheartamerica wrote:wheel of morality turn, turn, turn, tell us the lesson that we should learn...


yay!!!! you really ARE my PEOPLE, aren't you?

It's a private joke thing...you wouldn't understand. :-)

I'm now off to perch on Scorscese's head...
Breastfeeding, babywearing, cloth diapering WOHM. Married to my HS sweetheart & best friend. Proud mama to my two chicklets.

Image Image
User avatar
manynums
Girlfriend
Girlfriend
 
Posts: 4076
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:00 am

Next

Return to Cloth Diapering