I've narrowed it down... Help me choose!!!!

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Which OS Pocket or AIO would you choose?

Swaddlebees Econappi
No votes
Blueberry Minky OS
No votes
Kissaluvs Marvels OS AIO
No votes
Rumperooz
11%
BG organic AIO OS with snaps
78%
Smartipants
11%

Total votes : 18

I've narrowed it down... Help me choose!!!!

Postby AnchorsAway » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:08 am

***I want to make my first big CD purchase by this weekend and my head is spinning with all the possibilities. After hours spent on multiple forums, websites, and you tube- I've narrowed down my list. Please vote on what you would get and let me know your reasoning in a post. Also, if I've listed a brand you hate, tell me!***

ME: I have a 14mo old and am 5mo's pregnant. I have decided I want either an AIO or a Pocket or snap sytem that is ONE SIZE so diapers can be used with both babies. It is important to me that they be easy to clean, maintain, and have a feel-dry layer so that LO's skin stays dry. I've also decided to go with snaps as a closure instead of H&L/Velcro...

I'd like to be economical, but am willing to pay the prices of all the diapers listed since I'm looking at this as a one-time investment that will allow me to save tons of money on disposables...

I think I'm also going to get a hybrid system such as the Flip or Softbums snap ins in addition to the choices in the poll....

My head will explode if you add to my choices, but if you really feel like I'm missing something, I will consider your suggestion :wink:

And Bless you all for all the help that's to come and that's been given!!!
~Me: 31
~Dh: 34
~DS: 16 Months~

~04/12/2010: At our 20wk Scan it was discovered that our baby boy has a heart defect (Overriding Aorta, Tetrology of Fallout). We are praying for Mason's health and are remaining positive throughout this journey~
http://preciousmason.blogspot.com/
[/URL]Image
AnchorsAway
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ivycrystals » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:16 am

BG Organics AIOs with snaps!! These are a favorite at our house. They are very trim under clothes. They are absorbent. L can't get the snaps undone :D I also like the way the soaker is sewn in b/c I can add a doubler if I need to for more absorbency.
ivycrystals
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sisrea » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:25 am

To be fair i haven't tried any of the others besides the BGOragnic AIO, but will be trying the smartipants when i comes in the mail hopefully any day now i can let you know. I do love my BG organic AIO it has a strip of the PUL at the front of the diaper so when it is wet there isn't a chance of wicking on the clothes, and it is super trim!!

But the BG organic with snaps won't give you the stay dry feeling like you want tho.
Me- 29
DH-30
MC'd 11/06; 06/07; and 10/07
DD 1&2 Born 1/26/09
Check out my WAHM store burp rags and bibs in very fun prints, like Star Wars and Mustaches!! I also do custom work! Check out our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/BittiBottomDesigns

ImageImage

Sisrea
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stacnjttc » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:33 am

I don't want to add anything to stress you out about diapers, because I know that it's really overwhelming, but I just wanted to let you know that you might want to think about another option for the newborn and small baby stage. One size diapers are great, but they don't work very well on a tiny baby and they really don't fit on a newborn. They didn't fit on my little guy until he was at least over 11-12 lbs.

I haven't tried all the diapers in your poll, but I do have an organic BG AIO with snaps, and I really like it so far. The downside of that diaper is the dry time, it seems to take FOREVER to dry but I like the fit and it's so easy to use and it's soft and trim. I also have some Smartipants. I think they're just ok. I use them from time to time but they're not my 'go to' diaper. The snaps seem big and bulky and they don't seem like they're made the best, but they do seem good for the price, but I don't know if I would choose that diaper for my every day all the time diaper to last through two kids, having said that I would buy some for the economic value and rotate them in my stash.

As far as the newborn stage, I would look for a economic option such as prefolds and covers. I used LL infant sized prefolds and bummis covers until he was big enough to wear other diapers. I still actually use prefolds all the time. In fact I had to recently size up in covers, so I ended up buying the flip covers for his new covers, and I went back to using my infant sized prefolds with the flip cover, I just do a trifold and lay it in the cover, and it works great.

Sorry hope I didn't confuse you.
Ronin born 8/8/2009 @ 10:06 am - 6 lbs 12 oz - 20 in

stacnjttc
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AnchorsAway » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:02 am

stacnjttc: No, you didn't confuse me too bad! I plan on using disposables the first few weeks with the new baby and then probably using Prefolds for a while... that seems to be the consensus around here for newborns!

~04/12/2010: At our 20wk Scan it was discovered that our baby boy has a heart defect (Overriding Aorta, Tetrology of Fallout). We are praying for Mason's health and are remaining positive throughout this journey~
[/URL]Image
AnchorsAway
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby MommyofAlex » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:25 am

I haven't tried any of the others listed except for the BG AIO organic, and I'm still waiting on my Smartipants, so no help there yet. :( I've said this before to you, the BG organic is really not my fav. But I know lots of ladies here love theirs.

If I know the ladies on this forum, they're going to vote for the BG AIO organic as their go-to diaper. However, it will not give you the stay dry feeling you're looking for (as I've mentioned to you before :wink: ) unless you lay in a stay dry liner.

I like the looks of the Blueberry Minky, but I have not tried it... yet. LOL
Me: (Carolyn) 44
DH: 40
DS (Alex): 7
DD (Olivia): 4
1 Baby angel 2/2011 --Missed m/c found at 9w3d, baby stopped growing at 6w0d, natural m/c started 10w3d, D&C 12w1d
MommyofAlex
Angel
Angel

Postby Laureenjellybean » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:32 am

I'd steer clear of the rumparooz. They have a VERY short rise. I have one and I'm not a fan of it. They're great for a smaller baby, because the leg holes get pretty small, but even right now, I have it on the largest setting and it barely fits Carter...he's not a big boy either. I've never tried any of the other OS. I do have sized Minky blueberries that I really like as long as I have them stuffed with enough stuffing.
Me: Laureen (30)
DH: Kenny (30)
Ds:Carter (2) (born Feb. 23, 2009)
DD: Calliana (born Oct 3,2010)
:angel: Feb 08' Baby Angelo-left us to Triploidy
:angel: :angel:-Nov 09' twin blighted ovum
:angel: July 11' early m/c
Laureenjellybean
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AnchorsAway » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:34 am

Mommy of Alex and Sisrea, you're right... I double checked and the BG org OS AIO just has the abosorbent cotton, but not the stay-dry fleece or microfiber!

LOL, Back to the drawing board! I NEED you guys to get your smartipants and try them asap so I can know, LOL!

The blueberry's seem nice, too, but they're expensive!

I'm not against a fitted with a cover, but the thirsties I've tried out in the trial pack were super bulky!

[/URL]Image
AnchorsAway
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sisrea » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:43 am

I just remembered that i do have a blueberry minky, it isn't a one size but it is made out of the same . I like it but i don't reach for it going out because if i don't get a chance to change them and they are sitting in them a little longer the leg holes will wick just a little bit.. Not much but just enough that i change them before they get really wet in that diaper, more like 2 hours instead of 3 with my bum genius diapers
Me- 29
DH-30
MC'd 11/06; 06/07; and 10/07
DD 1&2 Born 1/26/09
Check out my WAHM store burp rags and bibs in very fun prints, like Star Wars and Mustaches!! I also do custom work! Check out our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/BittiBottomDesigns

ImageImage

Sisrea
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AnchorsAway » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:55 am

Laureen: Whoops, I missed your post! Good to know about the Rumparooz! Carter tried the GroBaby last night and I had the same issue with it... On the largest setting it seemed barely big enough, and he isn't big, either!

[/URL]Image
AnchorsAway
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Freckled » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:56 am

I don't really feel right about voting since I've never tried any of the ones you have listed, but I do love my sized Blueberry Minky with a passion. If cost were not an issue, I'd probably at least give those a try.
BFP 6/23/08
EDD 2/23/08
7/11/08 7w4d :hb: 130 (u/s measuring 6w5d)
8/18/08 13W :hb: 168 (u/s measuring 13w)
9/17/08 17w2d :hb: 146 <b>IT'S a BOY!!!</b>

ImageImage
Freckled
Star Member
Star Member

Postby amylynn08 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:09 pm

Definitely the BG organic... we had an issue with the stay dry layer in our diapers and A had horrible rashes until I ditched them and went with fitted. The BG organic are the only AIO we can use, and is the most versatile in my opinion...

two cents from a momma who has had alot ALOT of cloth... if I was going with one choice for an all in one that would be it.

Although in real life fitted are my favourite, and even if I end up having two in diapers I will stay with my love... :)
Me:AmyLynn DH: Joel DD:Annaliese Taliah
Homebirthing, Breastfeeding, Cloth Diapering, Natural Parenting.
http://muskokabearbums.blogspot.com/
amylynn08
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby dee12h » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:11 pm

I have one smartipants, and mine leaks out the top. I do love the snaps- not sure if I just need another insert since DH is now a heavy peeer- just letting you know in case that helps.

Someone really needs to make a snap, one-size diaper with cute prints, that's not $1800 & doesn't leak. That would solve our problems- mine, at least. :)
"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" -Frederick Douglass
DS1- 4YO
DS2- 1YO
dee12h
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AnchorsAway » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:17 pm

dee12h wrote:I have one smartipants, and mine leaks out the top. I do love the snaps- not sure if I just need another insert since DH is now a heavy peeer- just letting you know in case that helps.

:)

LOL--- I'm guessing DS? LOL

Why is this one of the hardest decisions I've ever made????? I saw where Jillian's Drawers allows for a 30-day return on all their cloth diapers for a full store credit. I might buy a few and send back what I don't like for store credit...

[/URL]Image
AnchorsAway
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AnchorsAway » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:19 pm

amylynn08 wrote:Definitely the BG organic... we had an issue with the stay dry layer in our diapers and A had horrible rashes until I ditched them and went with fitted. The BG organic are the only AIO we can use, and is the most versatile in my opinion...

two cents from a momma who has had alot ALOT of cloth... if I was going with one choice for an all in one that would be it.

Although in real life fitted are my favourite, and even if I end up having two in diapers I will stay with my love... :)

Amy, I'm confused (suprise) about how having the dry-barrier would increase diaper rashes... The whole reason I'm really wanting a fleece or microcover between DS and the diaper is so that he'll stay dry and rash-free....

My head is actually going to explode, I think.

[/URL]Image
AnchorsAway
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Next

Return to Cloth Diapering