Little G's! need help!

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Little G's! need help!

Postby steph_is_blessed » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:22 pm

I very recently switched to cloth with my son, he is almost 2, and for our new baby we will start her in cloth from the beginning. I really liked the G diapers but, I am finding that with my son they just don't hold enough, he pee's a lot! and its like ok time to change him as soon as the clothes are soaked ( the very first pee ) I've tried a prefold for extra absorbancy and the biodegradable inserts, does anyone else have any tips or tricks? also i'm washing the liners exactly how it says to and they are PEELING! should I just give up on G's? they are only a month old if that!

First Kick 10/4/12 <3
steph_is_blessed
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby RadioKitten » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:31 pm

I gave up on them after about six weeks. They were totally falling apart. They are very poorly made compared to every other cloth dipe I've tried. If you are looking for a hybrid solution, try GroVia. Tons better than Gs.
RadioKitten
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Tessa033 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:22 pm

hmmm. ive been using Gdipes along with all my other dipes and have yet to find a problem with them :dunno: in fact, id like to purchase more of them. When i wash them i wash them with my other dipes: hot soak, hot wash with dawn dish soap (or tide free), cold rinse, cold rinse, dry without dryer sheet. I never wash any dipes with my regular laundry (i think gdipes say its ok but i dont do it). Weve never had leak issues even with my 2 y/o whom is a heavy pee-er lol. Anyway, good luck. I know a lot of ppl that like the grovia and the flip system so maybe give those a try?
Me (Kelly): 28 DH (Josh): 27
Ashtyn: 05/31/03 Cameron: 08/30/07 Corinne: 12/20/08 @36wks (Self weaned at 19.5 months!)
Kaylen Lily: 11-11-10 @34wks (6lbs 19.5in!)
Mother, Wife, Nursing Student, and Milk Donor- 3000+ oz and counting!
Tessa033
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby cmv_in_sweden » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:47 am

I can't say much about gDiapers because I don't have any experience with them, but maybe some higher absorbency inserts are in order? Maybe a doubler? If he's leaking, though it's probably the cover that is the problem. What about trying a Flip system? Or purchasing a Thirsties or Bummis cover to use with your prefolds and inserts you already have??

Good luck! I hope you find a good solution!
Carrie (me):33
Mark (DH): 32
DD: 2/3/07
DS1: 5/15/09
DS2: 5/18/11

cmv_in_sweden
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Cloth Diapering