HE wash routine

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

HE wash routine

Postby cmv_in_sweden » Tue May 10, 2011 10:36 am

SO...our washer died last night! We kind of knew it was coming, honestly. Thinking of investing in a new HE washer since we do so much laundry all the time and our water rates are about to go up!

Can you share with me what I need to know about HE machines and diaper washing? Here's my usual routine in my top loader:

Prewash with 2 Tbsp oxyclean
Hot/cold wash with Charlie's Soap
Cold/Cold wash to get the extra rinses

I get the stinkies about once a month in my darn microfiber, no matter what I do. I strip at the beginning of each month with Dawn. Haven't needed to bleach since I got new inserts!

Anyway, do I need to invest in an HE with a sanitary cycle or is the hot wash enough?

Thanks for your input!
Carrie (me):33
Mark (DH): 32
DD: 2/3/07
DS1: 5/15/09
DS2: 5/18/11

cmv_in_sweden
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Laureenjellybean » Wed May 11, 2011 7:23 pm

I have an HE machine and my wash routine BITES!! I've spent WAY too much time battling stinkies!!

Delicate cycle with nothing added (this is my pre-rinse).
Delicate cycle (warm/warm), pre rinse, heavy duty cycle, extra rinse 3/4 of the way to the 1 line on liquid Tide. Sprinkle washing soda onto the clothes (about 1TBS)
Normal cycle, stain cycle, prewash and extra rinse (nothing added)
Usually one more rinse either a quick cycle or a rinse and spin.

It takes me ALL.DAY.LONG to do. If I try to cut corners, I always end up with stinkies and rashes.
Me: Laureen (30)
DH: Kenny (30)
Ds:Carter (2) (born Feb. 23, 2009)
DD: Calliana (born Oct 3,2010)
:angel: Feb 08' Baby Angelo-left us to Triploidy
:angel: :angel:-Nov 09' twin blighted ovum
:angel: July 11' early m/c
Laureenjellybean
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Cloth Diapering