Question & Sharing a Deal

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Question & Sharing a Deal

Postby babytarheelz » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:26 pm

Hi ladies,

First off, I went back and forth so many times on whether to cloth diaper or not and decided to go with sposies. They've been ok till recently. I can not stop the leaks! Every day I have some outfit ruined because of a leaky diaper from her runny, bm poop. I've tried every single brand to no avail. It seems like they're just not absorbing the liquidy poop, like it's too thick to be absorbed, but too thin to stay in one place (sorry, that's way too much info LOL). Would cloth help in a situation like this? I'm thinking they'd be much better at absorbing everything and keeping it inside the diaper. Thoughts/experiences?

Also, I just wanted to pass along a deal for you if anyone is interested. I run a daily deal site, www.dealsamongmoms.com. We offer deals, like Groupon, but all of the businesses are owned by moms. So you can get a great deal and support a hard working mom at the same time. :) Anyway, today's deal is from a company called The Peaceful Housewife. She offers all natural, eco friendly laundry detergent, household cleaners and soaps. I thought you may be interested in the detergent especially, it supposed to be great for cloth diapers. It's also super cheap, depending how much you want to buy, with the current 50% off deal on our site, you can get it as low as 4.5 cents a load. :) Just wanted to pass that along.

Thanks!
Morgan-29
DH-36
Mom to 2 Cool Lil' Dudes & a Lil' Ladybug
Maduxx (6)
Talan (3)
Ariana (born January 24th)

ImageImage

babytarheelz
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stefanielynn » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:41 pm

Cloth would definitely help. The only BM leaks I've had were during the couple of weeks I had to use disposables (a move with no access to a washing machine). If you don't want to go full-on cloth, just putting a diaper cover over the disposable will help a ton. You'll likely have poo get on the cover regularly, but it will save her clothes.
Me: 30
DH: 30
DS: 8/9/06
DD: 3/27/11
DS2: 10/14/13
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby cneal » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:26 pm

O my goodness, yes, cloth will stop the leaking!!! And thanks for sharing the deal!!! :D
Me 36, DH 34, DD 5, DS born 9/29/10
www.mybabywearscloth.com
cneal
Angel
Angel

Postby flygirl44 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:56 am

I think cloth would definitely help.

Also- I just became a fan of yours on FB about a week or so ago. I forgot how I found you, maybe through one of the cloth diapering pages I'm a fan of. Small world! :)
Me (Nicole)-35 :love: DH40

ImageImage
ImageImage
flygirl44
Angel
Angel

Postby blessedmommy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:40 am

When an outfit gets poo on it trying laying it out in the sun while still wet (after running it through the wash). That will help get rid of the stain!
Me-25, DH-26, DD#1-5yo-diabetic, DD#2-3yo, DS#2- March 25, 2011
http://www.flickr.com/photos/abfamilyphoto/

blessedmommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Cloth Diapering