Flat vs. Prefolds

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Which do you like better?

Prefolds
44%
Flat
33%
Both, it depends (please explain)
22%

Total votes : 9

Flat vs. Prefolds

Postby Emmo » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:31 pm

Which do you personally like? Pros and Cons?

(Please only answer if you've tried both)
Me: 31
DH: 32
DS: 4 (Nov 2008 baby)
DD: 1 (Nov 2011 baby)

Image Image :cloth diapering:
Emmo
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ivycrystals » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:48 am

I voted for both. PFs are my preference to stuff pockets. Flats are my preference to use with a cover. For a newborn, you can fold them up nice and small and they are so very trim! For an older infant/toddler you can trifold them and they are also very trim.

I wouldn't trifold til they have more solid poo to save your cover. But otherwise I prefer them. Flats also clean easier. They are a single layer so not as likely to have build up and because they are a single layer they dry super fast! You can also hand wash them with ease if you are in a pinch.

If I had to pick one or the other I guess I'd really pick flats. But pfs are easy to use to stuff in a pocket diaper.
ivycrystals
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ttcintx » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:56 am

ivycrystals wrote:I voted for both. PFs are my preference to stuff pockets. Flats are my preference to use with a cover. For a newborn, you can fold them up nice and small and they are so very trim! For an older infant/toddler you can trifold them and they are also very trim.

I wouldn't trifold til they have more solid poo to save your cover. But otherwise I prefer them. Flats also clean easier. They are a single layer so not as likely to have build up and because they are a single layer they dry super fast! You can also hand wash them with ease if you are in a pinch.

If I had to pick one or the other I guess I'd really pick flats. But pfs are easy to use to stuff in a pocket diaper.

Ditto exactly this. I also like that as my DS grows and changes size and shape, I use different folds to stay trim with flats and can roll in the edges better to contain poo when using them in a cover.

If I had to pick only one system of CDs I would pick flats + covers.
Me: Louise – 40something
DH: David - older than Me!
Married 14 years
DD: 10/07
DS: 9/09

He's here!! DS2: 6lbs15oz born 10/22/11
ttcintx
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby amylynn08 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:03 am

I find prefolds way to hard to get around my chunky babies and get a good non leaky fit. I prefer flats to them... but don't really use either!
Me:AmyLynn DH: Joel DD:Annaliese Taliah
Homebirthing, Breastfeeding, Cloth Diapering, Natural Parenting.
http://muskokabearbums.blogspot.com/
amylynn08
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Cloth Diapering