Diaper pail for outer shells?

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Diaper pail for outer shells?

Postby tecklenamedpink » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:42 pm

Hi Ladies

I am a first time mommy due in July. We have purchased the grovia hybrid system, which comes with an outer shell, a cotton soaker pad, and then biodegradable/flushable inserts. I am wondering if you know of a diaper pail or storage system I could use in the babies room for the outershell and soaker pads? I will probably be washing them every day to every other day....

Also, the flushable inserts should take most of the beating, but my plumbing isnt really strong enough to flush them. Thoughts on a in-room disposal system for these as well?
THanks!
Me - Lauren
tecklenamedpink

Postby flygirl44 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:35 pm

Hi! We are also using the GroVia system (and Best Bottom diapers-same concept) We bought a Planet Wise Laundry Bag and have it in a stainless steel garbage can (with the foot petal) in our bathroom right near our toilet (and diaper sprayer) We figured since we were using the diaper sprayer anyway, we might as well have the entire "diaper disposal area" in one place.

As far as for the liners, if you are not flushing them, then you can probably just get away with any diaper pail in your babies room like a diaper champ or something like that, no different than if you were tossing a disposable. :)
Me (Nicole)-35 :love: DH40

ImageImage
ImageImage
flygirl44
Angel
Angel

Postby Cinder4320 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:36 am

Right now I am using the cheap diaper pail from BRU. It's 12 dollars and has a smaller hole so you don't have to open the whole lid each time. I don't use a liner anymore as it just made the seal a bit open and led to more wash. I rinse the bucket when I do wash and it's super easy. I don't use liners but I do use wipes so same concept. I have a trash can with lid next to the toilet. When I scrape the diaper I drop the wipes int he trash can. You can smell it when you open the lid but the room smells fine when shut. If I have guests I empty it more often but it has been fine.
affordable, trendy cloth diapers http://www.firstcoastfluff.com
Like us on FB http://www.facebook.com/FirstCoastFluff for specials and deals!

Due Nov. 4th 2009...Arrived Oct. 25 2009
Due Aug 31 2012...Arrived August 16 2012

m/c January 2011 @~6wks
m/c July 2011 @~8wks

ImageImage
Cinder4320
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Cloth Diapering