Day 1 of CD the twins...so far so good...one question

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Day 1 of CD the twins...so far so good...one question

Postby macksmom » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:25 pm

Well Day 1 is going pretty well so far. I pre-stuffed all the dipes and have them ready to go when I need them...using pockets today (snap and velcro), kind of like the velcro so far because it's easier to change.

I still have an AIO to try, but it's STILL drying from the pre-wash....and the Flip dipe, which I think I will like.

Only question I have is do you have any tips or tricks for leaking? So far DD hasn't leaked at all...but when I got DS up from his nap he had soaked through EVERYTHING...dipe, clothes, and onto bed. He sleeps on his belly, so I'm wondering if because boys seem to wet dipes up front AND he sleep on his belly, is that the problem and I'm just going to have to deal with it or has anyone else had this problem and have any tips to fix it? He was in a BGOS velcro....any thoughts?

DD usually leaks out of the back of disposables, so what I've been doing for her is using longer inserts and folding them towards the back so they are doubled up back there where she usually leaks in disposables, so hopefully that works for her...but we're only on day one.
Me 28, DH 30
DD1- 12/31/2001
DS1- 04/27/2011
DD2- 04/27/2011

macksmom
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sisrea » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:32 pm

A couple of things. What inserts were you stuffing with? If you are using both inserts, when they are snapped down you can put the thick part up front. I don't know if you are using both inserts but that is also something to try. Additionally if you could try a doubler for nap/bedtimes. Like a hemp doubler like this. http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_inf ... cts_id=107 to add absorbency for times where they are going to pee more.

You will find that you probably won't leak out of the same place with disposables then you will with cloth. Cloth is so much better for containing leaks once you get what works for you.
Me- 29
DH-30
MC'd 11/06; 06/07; and 10/07
DD 1&2 Born 1/26/09
Check out my WAHM store burp rags and bibs in very fun prints, like Star Wars and Mustaches!! I also do custom work! Check out our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/BittiBottomDesigns

ImageImage

Sisrea
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Sesb » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:41 pm

One tip my cousin (who has 4 boys) told me was to make sure to point the boy parts down as much as possible when closing up a diaper..otherwise, little boys get their whole front wet (clothes and all up to neck!). She only uses disposables, so I don't know if this holds true for cd'ing. I only have girls and have only been cd'ing for 7 months with BG OS and BG organic AIO. So far, no leaks (except for the experiment with G diapers). Having a boy in Oct, so I will find out then!
Me (Suzy): 30
DH: 31
DD1: August 11, 2008
DD2: May 14, 2010
DS: Due October 14, 2011..born 9/29/11

Image ImageImage
Sesb
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Cloth Diapering