Bum Genius 4.0 vs Elemental?

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Bum Genius 4.0 vs Elemental?

Postby flygirl44 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:52 am

What's the difference? I want to try these out for DD.

Also, is it better to get hook and loop or snap? We have mostly snap diapers because I assumed that they will last longer. But now I hear people saying that velcro is easier to put on (which I knew) but it also fits babies better since you can tighten it more, any truth to that?
Me (Nicole)-35 :love: DH40

ImageImage
ImageImage
flygirl44
Angel
Angel

Postby Sisrea » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:03 am

The elemental is an AIO and so there is no stuffing involved and does not come in Velcro. The 4.0's are a pocket diaper so they will be stuffed.

There is some truth to the velcro fitting better because you don't have to fit within a small range of snaps fitting.. You can just stick it where ever it goes for you DD..

I had a mixture of both. I really liked my velcro and snaps, and i just didn't try my velcro in the dryer often and they lasted very long time.
Me- 29
DH-30
MC'd 11/06; 06/07; and 10/07
DD 1&2 Born 1/26/09
Check out my WAHM store burp rags and bibs in very fun prints, like Star Wars and Mustaches!! I also do custom work! Check out our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/BittiBottomDesigns

ImageImage

Sisrea
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NotBarbaraBush » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:23 am

The only issue with snaps is those weird times when they are between sizes and one setting is too large and the next setting is too tight. During those times I use my aplix more but I think snaps look nicer and they do last longer.
NotBarbaraBush
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby flygirl44 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:40 am

Thanks ladies! I don't know why I thought that the Elemental was also a pocket? That's why I was so confused on the difference! Hmmm, thinking I will go with the 4.0 since AIO's take too long to dry. :)
Me (Nicole)-35 :love: DH40

ImageImage
ImageImage
flygirl44
Angel
Angel

Postby sarahmarie » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:10 am

Most of my stash is now made up of the BG organic elementals and I have never had an issue with the dry times. I love mine, and they have held up through two babies.

sarahmarie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BrandyJ. » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:52 pm

sarahmarie wrote:Most of my stash is now made up of the BG organic elementals and I have never had an issue with the dry times. I love mine, and they have held up through two babies.

Exactly this!!

I looooooooooove my elementals. Most of my stash IS elementals. They hold a lot more, in my opinion., than my rumparoos. If you decide to buy elementals I have a website that sells them 5 for 100 and free shipping.
Me-38 DH-32 DD#1 (12), DD#2(3), DS (16 months/14 adjusted)
4 sweet angels
Formally known as "brandylovesal"
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker</span></div>
BrandyJ.
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Cloth Diapering