Pockets?

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Pockets?

Postby sassie111 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:44 am

Just wondering which (if any) would be the best pocket for a newborn? My hubby is against prefolds and flats (at least as of now). We started cloth when my youngest was about 5 months, so I'm clueless on cloth diapering a newborn/small baby and I really don't want to use sposies.

We're currently using BG 4.0, blueberry and itti bitti tuttos.

Then, has anyone ever used the Charlie Banana? Do you like them?

OH and my babies have never been under 7.14lbs
Me (Christina) 33, DH 35, DD 14, DS 11, DD 9, DS 3, DD 2
MC ~ Nov. 07', 9 weeks
MC ~ Oct. 11', 11 weeks
Chemical ~ Jan. 12', 4 weeks
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
sassie111
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby stefanielynn » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:08 am

The only pockets I used on my newborn were Happy Heinys and I had the worst leaks...don't know what that was about. :?

I do have a question: who will be doing the majority of the diaper changes during the newborn days? If it's you and you don't mind PFs, I would honestly do that. My husband was totally in love with the idea of pockets and said he would never use a prefold before the baby was born. He can now Snappi better than I can and just last night he looked in the diaper basket and saw only fitteds. He said "what do I do?? I don't know what to do with these complicated things!" It was very funny to me since fitteds are supposed to be EASIER--I had to grab him a prefold from the dryer. So yours may come around and find the PF love, too. :wink:
Me: 30
DH: 30
DS: 8/9/06
DD: 3/27/11
DS2: 10/14/13
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NotBarbaraBush » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:11 am

I'm not satisfied with our HH and DD is not a newborn. I think I would go with a Fuzzi bunz perfect size or the Little Joeys from Rumparooz. I have tried them with a newborn though. My OS Rumparooz get pretty small and I would imagine that if they didn't fit a newborn then it wouldn't be long before they did. My Bummis Easy Fits get pretty small as well.
NotBarbaraBush
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sassie111 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:46 am

I'll be doing most of the changing if not all of it, so really I'm not sure why DH is so against prefolds. I just mention them and he's like yuck, no we'll just use disposable. I like them since they are the cheaper way to cloth since I already have $600 invested into my stash and it won't be long until we can use our OS... but I do like the ease of pockets too as I have not completely mastered prefolds myself.

stefanielynn wrote:The only pockets I used on my newborn were Happy Heinys and I had the worst leaks...don't know what that was about. :?

I do have a question: who will be doing the majority of the diaper changes during the newborn days? If it's you and you don't mind PFs, I would honestly do that. My husband was totally in love with the idea of pockets and said he would never use a prefold before the baby was born. He can now Snappi better than I can and just last night he looked in the diaper basket and saw only fitteds. He said "what do I do?? I don't know what to do with these complicated things!" It was very funny to me since fitteds are supposed to be EASIER--I had to grab him a prefold from the dryer. So yours may come around and find the PF love, too. :wink:

NotBarbaraBush: Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into them :)
MC ~ Nov. 07', 9 weeks
MC ~ Oct. 11', 11 weeks
sassie111
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby flygirl44 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:41 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Charlie Banana Diapers. They work great, and they are size adjustable by the leg gussets (just like Fuzzibunz) but the pocket stuffs in front which is so much less messy than the back with the poopies. They also have disposable inserts for them so they are a hybrid as well as a pocket diaper. They will fit a newborn too. I sell them on my site, see siggy. (my daughter is the baby on the home page of the site wearing the charlie banana and also on the charlie banana page and she was just shy of 2 weeks when the pic was taken)

Like the PP said, I would also consider prefolds with covers. At first my husband thought it was too much work, but he really likes them and they are his go to diapers.
Me (Nicole)-35 :love: DH40

ImageImage
ImageImage
flygirl44
Angel
Angel

Postby BeccaM » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:17 pm

My friend has Fuzzi Bunz pockets and she didn't like them. NOt sure if she's doing something wrong with prepping or what, but that's all I know. She actually changed to econobums and they are still using them and love them (but they aren't pockets).

I have used prefolds and covers for 9 12 months and just bought my first pocket diaper. We bought some used Kawaiis one size off Ebay and so far, so good.
Isaiah, born Nov 14th, 2010, @ 39 weeks, 2 days. 8 lbs 2 oz. All natural hospital delivery.
Simon, born Mar 23rd, 2013 @ 39 weeks, 3 days. 8 lbs 4 oz. Our first home birth!!

BeccaM
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sassie111 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:43 am

I have some of the econobums that I bought for my other 2, I like them too... but those are what made DH dislike prefolds. Not sure why but he just thinks they're gross. However, I talked to him again last night and he thought maybe prefolds would grow on him like the pockets did :). I mean it is just for a short time.

BeccaM wrote:My friend has Fuzzi Bunz pockets and she didn't like them. NOt sure if she's doing something wrong with prepping or what, but that's all I know. She actually changed to econobums and they are still using them and love them (but they aren't pockets).

I have used prefolds and covers for 9 12 months and just bought my first pocket diaper. We bought some used Kawaiis one size off Ebay and so far, so good.
MC ~ Nov. 07', 9 weeks
MC ~ Oct. 11', 11 weeks
sassie111
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Cloth Diapering