I NEED opinions, please!!!

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

I NEED opinions, please!!!

Postby sassie111 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:39 am

My washing machine died and now we are in the market for a new one. I had intended on getting a front loading washer but now that I need a new one in the middle of cloth diapering.. I'm kinda worried. I already struggle with getting the detergent rinsed out. Soooo

For those of you with front loaders.... would you buy them again?
Me (Christina) 33, DH 35, DD 14, DS 11, DD 9, DS 3, DD 2
MC ~ Nov. 07', 9 weeks
MC ~ Oct. 11', 11 weeks
Chemical ~ Jan. 12', 4 weeks
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
sassie111
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby flygirl44 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:50 am

Do you want a front loader for the HE aspect, or the "style" aspect? If you are in the market for an HE washer, I would suggest the Whirlpool Cabrio. It's a top loader. We have one and love it. Haven't had any problems with the cloth diapering and gets everything nice and clean and smelling great.

I was very worried about getting an HE machine right as we were embarking on our cloth diapering journey, but so far, so good. We got the washer about 1 week before DD was born.

Other people might be able to weigh in on this, but I've heard HE top loaders do a better cleaning job than HE front loaders? :)
Me (Nicole)-35 :love: DH40

ImageImage
ImageImage
flygirl44
Angel
Angel

Postby MightyMarj » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:38 am

I have a front loader, and it does a great job on our dipes. No problems here.
Me: 34 DH: 38 DS: Colvin, 6 DD: Georgia, 4 DD: Ella, 4, from Russia
Baby #4 c-section scheduled for July 28!
:angel: Aug 2012 at 5 wks 3 days

Adoption story http://aplantingforhisglory.blogspot.com//, Love fabric? http://www.etsy.com/shop/mightymarj
MightyMarj
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Katora » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:00 am

I have an LG set steam washer/dryer FLs. I would absolutely purchase them again in a heartbeat. They are seriously my fave appliances ever.

They do great on both diapers & clothes, no soap is left behind, and I don't have to use much soap anyway so the stuff lasts forever. I never have stains or stink in my diapers, they get super clean and smell brand new coming out of the dryer. Mine has a sanitary cycle which is what I wash my diapers in - and I couldn't be happier with it. There is also the steam option for anything (diapers or otherwise) needing a bit of freshening up.

Some people have bad luck with FLs though so it is important to do your research. I spent a lot of time reading reviews and details on them before deciding on the set I ended up with, and glad I did.
BFing, CDing, BWing, Delayed Vaxing, Intactivist & Lactivist SAHM of 2 wonderful kids.
DD - 5/28/08 - has Autism Spectrum Disorder & a very small undocumented deletion at 22q13.1
DS - 8/3/10 My little chubba-bubba!
Katora
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby sassie111 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:11 am

Thanks ladies :)
Me (Christina) 33, DH 35, DD 14, DS 11, DD 9, DS 3, DD 2
MC ~ Nov. 07', 9 weeks
MC ~ Oct. 11', 11 weeks
Chemical ~ Jan. 12', 4 weeks
ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
sassie111