Chlorine smell??

Chat about your little darling's fuzzy bunz in here. :-)

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Chlorine smell??

Postby stefanielynn » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:31 pm

I can't find much about this online. I just discovered a serious detergent build up in my daughter's dipes (uuuuuuughh!!!). I spent all day rinsing them and they are finally *mostly* free of bubbles (there are still a few, but I suspect one more rinse will take care of it). The problem is they smell like chlorine...definitely not ammonia, chlorine. Any thoughts on this? I always line dry, but since it's nearly 10pm, I will be using the dryer tonight.

The only suggestion I came across online (and this person was just theorizing, she really wasn't sure) is that maybe my water supply has more chlorine in it than most...I really don't know. I think I'm going to pick up some Calgon (along with a new detergent) tomorrow.

Sigh...I've gone this long without problem, it was bound to happen. And I learned an important lesson about assuming my wash routine is working fine and not checking my rinse cycle for bubbles!
Me: 30
DH: 30
DS: 8/9/06
DD: 3/27/11
DS2: 10/14/13
stefanielynn
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Cloth Diapering